What's new

Has Anyone Finished a Soap Before?

I am just curious if anyone has finished a soap or cream before? I still have a tub of Mamabears soap, Proraso, and a few others. I use them quit often, and honestly I think I can get a few more years out of them still!

Yes. Many times ... before I discovered B&B :wink2:

I have finished a Mystic Water Sensitive Shave Soap and am working my way through a couple of Mike's Naturals samples, Nancy Boy Replenishing and TOBS Jermyn St creams. My wife is assisting with the NB and TOBS.

I'm a devoted Cella and Arko user, I have finished about three sticks of arko, but my block of Cella is still going strong (which is not that weird, considering it came in a kilo sized brick).

Many other soaps and creams I have tried out have never been finished, and I'm afraid that it's gonna stay like that :p

I've finished quite a few soaps over the last two years. I've been basically doing the 3017 thing to thin the herd, but I've been too lazy to join in and take pictures as I eat up my soaps. I should probably do that sometime. Since this past summer I think I've killed off 1 VDH Luxury scented, 1 Mama Bears Spellbound Woods, 1 Mama Bears Awakenings, 1 VDH Deluxe and a mess of samples from The Holy Black, T&H and SRD. Normally I'm a soap guy, but right now I'm working on an old tub of TBS Maca Root shave cream because I opened it years ago and it's started to change colors a bit.

Yeah, what he said. In the past, I have finished off a puck or two of Classic Shaving, and a tube or three of Palmolive lather.

I've been at it for just under a year and a half. I've finished off a VDH puck, a tube of Proraso I received 3/4 full, and a tube of Musgo I received 3/4+ full. In between I tried 3-4 other soaps which I sold, traded or PIFed.

I'm a devoted Cella and Arko user, I have finished about three sticks of arko, but my block of Cella is still going strong (which is not that weird, considering it came in a kilo sized brick).

Many other soaps and creams I have tried out have never been finished, and I'm afraid that it's gonna stay like that :p

Man, I can't wait to crack my Cella tub. But I have to clear this damn Proraso White, then Green :^(

I can probably get to it by the end of the year if focus and do full-head shaves everyday.

I've finished off a couple of pucks of stirling (the old formulation is my favorite soap so far), a tube of proraso, and, believe it or not, a tub of jm frasers, although admittedly much of that was lost to test lathers as I tried to figure it out...

Man, I can't wait to crack my Cella tub. But I have to clear this damn Proraso White, then Green :^(

I can probably get to it by the end of the year if focus and do full-head shaves everyday.

Hint: Cella is an awesome winter scent with great skin care qualities. Save the green for summer and start using that cella my friend

I've finished off...and, believe it or not, a tub of jm frasers, although admittedly much of that was lost to test lathers as I tried to figure it out...

Ugh, don't remind me! I bought some new soaps a few months back and I'm making myself wait to get through some of my older stuff first before I try them. Don't get me wrong; I like Fraser's (the old stuff at least. I heard they had a problem-batch recently), but those tubs last forever from what I've heard.

I have finished many pucks of AOS in the past 12 years. Of course that was before I found this forum and all the wonderful things I never knew existed before. This place is both wonderful and brutal on your wallet.

Ugh, don't remind me! I bought some new soaps a few months back and I'm making myself wait to get through some of my older stuff first before I try them. Don't get me wrong; I like Fraser's (the old stuff at least. I heard they had a problem-batch recently), but those tubs last forever from what I've heard.

Do you still have some?

Hint: Cella is an awesome winter scent with great skin care qualities. Save the green for summer and start using that cella my friend

I totally agree, in winter I double it up on the almonds, almond oil as a preshave with a thick creamy layer of Cella on top. Try and beat that, stupid cold :D

Not quite yet, but I'm thiiiiiiiiiis close to finishing up a tin of Mike's Lily of the Valley. I broke through the bottom near the end of the first week of January, scooped up the "soap ring" and pushed it all back to the middle, and have nearly broken through again. Will hopefully be finished by the end of the month!

Top Bottom