What's new

B&B is a unique experience. Moderators and organizers should take pride.

I've been involved on B&B for only a month, but in that time I've been impressed beyond words with the welcome I have received. I've been involved with a number of different online forums over the years and NONE of them are like B&B. On some forums the most common response is "Do a search. That question has been answered a thousand times." I have not seen that response on B&B yet. I've spent a lot of time in the last several months, first as a lurker and now as a participant searching old threads. There are some common questions that have been answered frequently, and yet veterans will jump in and answer them again or politely provide links to helpful threads.

The other common problem I've found on other boards is that if you're not part of the in-crowd, your thread or post will be ignored. Not on B&B. Everyone here is so open and willing to help new guys.

Congratulations to the moderators and organizers of this board. You have created a welcoming environment with a wealth of knowledge for those searching for information on wet shaving. Thank you.

Josh

A web forum is no more than the total of its members.

So in that respect you should congratulate yourself for helping to make this forum what it is :001_smile

A web forum is no more than the total of its members.

That is most certainly true. So congratulations to the B&B community!

And I didn't mean to slight anyone, but I figure that a tone and feel for a community comes from the leadership, therefore the title of this thread, but you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out Turtle.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Josh, thank you very much for this beautiful post. We are proud to have such outstanding members who daily contribute with passion and commitment, making B&B a so very special place.

Josh, it's so nice to read your post. When I was new (a long time ago) the things that you mention in your post were what kept me coming back.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Josh:
Your words are very comforting and you wrote a classy post too. It's members such as yourself who make B & B what it is today, tommorow and beyond!! :thumbsup:

Although they may be other Forums;

proxy.php
"There can only be one [B & B]". Highlander

What a kind hearted and uplifting post, Josh. Many thanks. Trust me when I say that it's our members' positive attitudes and abundant willingness to share experiences that make moderating B&B a bearable task -- and even an enjoyable one given posts such as yours. A belated warm welcome to B&B.

I've been involved on B&B for only a month, but in that time I've been impressed beyond words with the welcome I have received. I've been involved with a number of different online forums over the years and NONE of them are like B&B . . .

Josh

Do a search. That has been noted at least a thousand times . . . :lol:

Josh, you are 100% correct - this is a fantastic place to hang out. A bunch of fine gentlemen, for sure, and every member is part of the "in" crowd. The mods and stewards work hard to keep the discussions on the right track, and the atmosphere is such that folks can ask questions without fear of being put down for asking.

One thing that I've noticed . . . disagreeable people don't hang around here for very long . . . it's probably not enough fun for them!

I'm glad that you're a part of the community that I'm proud to be a part of! Enjoy the shaves!!

The other common problem I've found on other boards is that if you're not part of the in-crowd, your thread or post will be ignored. Not on B&B. Everyone here is so open and willing to help new guys.
Congratulations to the moderators and organizers of this board. You have created a welcoming environment with a wealth of knowledge for those searching for information on wet shaving.

Couldn't agree more. This is a courteous group of adults, and I look forward to reading the different threads.

I agree. The people around here are great. We are here to help each other out. And I feel a fine job is being done. It appears that one of the main issues for those who are new ( I am pretty new also ) is that starting out can be rather rough. Alot of people feel like giving up due to razor burn, ingrowns, bumps, you name it you can see it here and everybody wants to help. How much better of a community can there be? Good job guys!

It is the helpful and tolerant attitudes of the members that has kept this site my favorite daily stop for the past few years. While my shaving has become fairly routine, I still frequent many of the other forums. I find the Nib as useful as anywhere on the web for fountain pen information, and prefer the Fragrance forum to any of the dedicated fragrance web sites. It is the excellent overall tone of the site that encourages very useful discourse on a variety of subjects.

Mike

Meh, get lost...... in B&B of course! :biggrin1:Josh thanks for a well written perspective. It's true we are here to try and make the best of a good place. Sure there will be disagreements and grumpy old men but for the most part this is a enjoyable place to kick back. Oh, and thank you for being a positive member of B&B.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Welcome. I just finished my 6th year here at B&B and have yet to tire of this place.

The diversity of the community here at B&B always makes this an interesting place to be. Whether it is the newb about to embark on a journey that will lead to a closet full of shaving products or the pen-collector, the shoe-enthusiast, the scotch connoisseurs, the clothes horse, the bacon boys, etc., etc., all make for a fascinating place.

Take all of that and couple it with B&B's efforts to insure gentlemanly discourse and dare I say you could have a Dos Equis commercial for "The Most Interesting Website in the World."

And as if all of the aforementioned attributes were not enough, this site is also dedicated to go outside of itself. Although this site is about all things gentlemanly and the pursuit of such things, it also calls out to each and everyone of us to answer to one of the highest callings of a gentleman and that is to be mindful of others.

For years now, B&B has dedicated a good portion of their efforts to helping others. Whether it is raising funds for afflicted children for Operation Smile, raising awareness and joining the fight against breast cancer through the Susan G. Komen for the Cure and most recently through the National Breast Cancer Foundation, B&B has literally raised tens of thousands for these various causes.

And for no other reason than it is a gentlemanly thing to do.

So Josh, when you say B&B is a unique experience, rest assured, you are indeed correct.

Top Bottom