What's new

Badger toothbrush

I was thinking of buying one of these, sounded interesting (or is that disgusting)? Anyone use one and care to share your thoughts? Too soft? Swissco?

I would think, as it's what it's known for, Badger hair would be too soft to be an effective toothbrush.

To be honest, I thought the thread title was a "you know what would be cool...":blush:

I was thinking of buying one of these, sounded interesting (or is that disgusting)? Anyone use one and care to share your thoughts? Too soft? Swissco?

I tried one several years ago. They're nice, and fun to try, however I prefer my Sonic Care. :smile:

The badger is used in the extra soft toothbrushes, I assume for people with sensitive gums. Boar is used in the brushes that are stiffer.

Jeff,
Swissco makes a good badger toothbrush, avoid the Swissco boar brush at all costs- truly a dreadful toothbrush. There are a few more who's names escape me at the moment,my favorite toothbrush is a Trumpers bone handled boar,most likely made by Kent. Classic shaving and Smallflower are good sources for mid range brushes and Cambridge chemists carry the good stuff.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told by a very respectable jeweler use boar hair toothbrushes for cleaning jewelry (and of course my razors themselves).

Jeff
FYI Better than the Swissco badger and still a reasonable cost is the Tasso by Piave brand sold at Smallflower part # 018733 and a very nice boar brush(natural bristle) is the same company, Smallflower part # 014059.
Happy Brushing~

Thanks for the feedback. It looks old school so I had to give it a try ($5 seemed fair). I put an order from Smallflower.

And Marvis toothpaste. And Musgo Real. And Speick...

Great recommendations on here but everytime I check in I end up buying something...

Jeff
FYI Better than the Swissco badger and still a reasonable cost is the Tasso by Piave brand sold at Smallflower part # 018733 and a very nice boar brush(natural bristle) is the same company, Smallflower part # 014059.
Happy Brushing~

Already ordered the Swissco..I'll keep this in mind for the next one.

Let us know how it goes...

I am a fanatic about my teeth and for the price I really like this thing that you can get at any cvs for seven bucks.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I've tried the Swissco soft boar and the badger, and I like the badger. My first one shed a fair bit the first few shaves, but then settled down and was fine. The bristles are trimmed, so you are shaving with the stubby end rather than the floppy tips!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0017 - Edited.jpg

I picked this up years ago, not for my teeth, but to clean my safety razor heads in between shaves. It's not as aggressive as a nylon bristle brush, and does the job with less chance of scratching,

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I'm old enough to remember when natural bristle toothbrushes were the norm, and nylon was an expensive novelty. My mom always insisted we use the natural bristle kind. Things sure have changed; I've been a SoniCare user for the past 25 years.

With natural hair toothbrushes, do you have to replace them every month or so like you do the synthetic bristles? Or can they be treated and used until death?

I have a wood handle "natural" toothbrush from one of those local "natural hippie" type of store. Really wanted to like it but the wood handle is untreaded and feels like a popsicle stick and feels weird and akward since i used to play the Alto Saxaphone which requires a Reed, very similar feeling that gives me goosebumps just thinking about it lol.

Top Bottom