What's new

Stuhrling - Really? Looks like Junk to Me

All-

My son has a modest watch collection. It has some very nice pieces in it including a Bulova and a Mavado.

So for Christmas I ordered him a Stuhling skeleton watch. I knew it was going to be modest, but...

It arrived yesterday. I opened it to check it.

Wow, what a disappointment! Everything about it screams "Poor Quality"

I'm embarrassed to even let him see it, much less give it to him. Fortunately I also bought him a nice cordless drill, so he'll receive a nice gift.

But the watch, yuck. It's going back.

Last edited:
Thats a shame they look amazing in the pictures.... Orient has a skeleton watch I've been eyeing... that might be a better option.

...Well I just bought one, for the original price I would have past over it but since it was 85% off I figured I could take a look at it. I rather like it, has a good weight, can tell the time, doesn't look like I'm a dandy... but the way I see it you get what you pay for IMHO.

Can't go wrong with a cordless drill. I got one for my sister when she bought her condo. Nothing too exciting about it but its invaluable.

I wondered about these watches when I saw one on a web site. The original price was $995 but the sale price was $243.47. From the photos it looked nice - but when I saw the price I had my doubts.

I wondered about these watches when I saw one on a web site. The original price was $995 but the sale price was $243.47. From the photos it looked nice - but when I saw the price I had my doubts.
The truth is ......The watch on that website is in reality a $99.50 watch.....Anything more is too much. Notice they don't say where it's made. 99% sure it's China.
You also need to be careful of companies that say German Designed or Italian designed or any such configuration because it most likely means made in Asia, so be careful out
there in the watch market......It's full of crooks.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
...Well I just bought one, for the original price I would have past over it but since it was 85% off I figured I could take a look at it. I rather like it, has a good weight, can tell the time, doesn't look like I'm a dandy... but the way I see it you get what you pay for IMHO.

... if you get it at 85% off, of course.
:blink:

Top Bottom