What's new

Where Are the American Made DEs?

Hi everyone! I'm a bit of a lurker climbing through your window here, but I have to ask:
Where are the safety razors currently produced in America? I've been doing my darndest to find them. Could someone give me some help? I apologize if I missed the thread that answers this...

thanks for all the info guys! As a Merkur + amazon.com guy, these razors seem really expensive. I'm trying to put together some sources for my friends. I'm convincing them to give wet shaving a try, but I know they would be more easily persuaded if I could tell them the products are all (or at least mostly) American made. It seems like there is no entry level american made razor. It's not massively important to my friends, but I'm surprised that there aren't more accessible american made razors.

Go vintage Gillette... great newbie razors, inexpensive, built to last, retro-chic. I think a SuperSpeed is often the most newb-appropriate razor, and they often are the most appropriate only razor. Mostly, they can be had for a song.

Go vintage Gillette... great newbie razors, inexpensive, built to last, retro-chic. I think a SuperSpeed is often the most newb-appropriate razor, and they often are the most appropriate only razor. Mostly, they can be had for a song.

Vintage razors are definitely the way to go. There's something special about shaving with a 50 (or 100!) year-old razor and getting a great shave in the process. They were built to last and with a little care, can be shaving your great-grandson 50 or 100 years from now!

Yeah, I have to say vintage is probably your best bet if you want to go all American made *and* low cost. You can set you friends up with superspeeds for 20-ish bucks a piece (or less).

Last edited:
Top Bottom