What's new

Point me in the right direction

I recently bought a brush that I'd like to have a new knot installed. I would like to give the business to someone on here so I'm looking to see if you guys could point me in the right direction. I recently bought an AOS Silvertip and really like how it performs, but I'm more of a vintage guy and would like to give new life to old pieces. Here is the brush I would like to have a re-knotted. It's a Bakelite handle red/black Ever-ready.

$P1060743.jpg

I found a member and liked his items, but I went on to read in the posting that he is going to be having surgery soon and didn't want him worry about getting my brush done or anything.

This may seem like "is the computer on" advice; but have you tried just pulling the knot out. Once in a while I can get one to come out with just a forceful tug. Otherwise I'm sure one of the guys here with more experience would definitely be willing to help.

It might be worth it to move it to the "Brush Making and Restoration" sub-forum to catch more traffic from restorers. GL the vintage ones are great IMO.

Top Bottom