What's new

Wolverine Customer Service

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Wolverine customer service? I'm having a problem with a pair of 1000 Mile boots that have stretched unevenly on one side exposing the edge of the insole. Unfortunately this makes them unwearable. The boots are only 5 months old and barely broken in. I have an older pair that are some of the most comfortable shoes I own. After 6-8 emails with their service area and a dozen pictures they replied that the problem is caused by the leather stretching. I'm not impressed, I pointed out the stretching in my first email. So, I composed nice response re-explaining my issue. Am I wasting my time here? Anyone been down this road with success?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I had a pair of Durashock steel toe work boots (I don't remember the model) and the soles started crumbling after 2 years. They gave me an RA# and I mailed the boots to them. I was sent an email directing me to pick three options for replacement boots, and about a week later they sent me a new pair.

That's surprising that they would respond like that. I would have expected the 1000 mile boots to last a lot longer than that. In my experience leather shouldn't stretch nearly that much, especially in that sort of time frame. I might expect that sort of life out of a pair of work boots used daily in an industrial environment, with ample exposure to chemicals, but certainly not normal dress-boot style wear. Maybe post up the pictures so we can see what you're working with.

Here's a couple pics. You can see where the leather has stretched out on the side of the boot. It's tough to make out much on the inside but the exposed edge is about 1/8" higher than the sole making it very uncomfortable. The left boot is not like this and I don't have an abnormal walk or unusual wear on my shoes.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Honestly it looks like you need to go wider. I have a pair of Red Wing steel toe work boots & my little toe has pushed the side of the boot out behind the steel toe.

If they don't take care of you check out some Red Wings. Great product; superior customer service.

John

i have a pair of Iron Rangers that I love but they are much more "work boot" that the 1000 mile boots. A little too casual for many situations.

Honestly it looks like you need to go wider. I have a pair of Red Wing steel toe work boots & my little toe has pushed the side of the boot out behind the steel toe.

i would totally agree if it weren't for my other pair that fit perfectly with way more miles on them. These are a 10 1/2 same as the others, the 11s were too big. I guess I could have went with thick socks and 11s but I wear these a lot. Heavy socks would get old. I have an RMA now. I'll see what they say.

Top Bottom