What's new

Welcome ZenHabits.net Readers!

Guys,

Our very own letterk (John) penned an article on wet shaving at zenhabits.net located here.

If you've clicked through from zenhabits, feel free to browse the various forums, reviews, shavewiki, and gallery you can access by using the tabs in the upper-right corner. If you would like to participate in discussions, register for free, by clicking here. If you have any questions or would like to introduce yourself, feel free to stop by the Shave Clinic forum to say hi or ask for tips or suggestions.

Welcome everyone!

-Nick

Cool article John... my brother actually sent that too me about an hour ago and asked me about it. I tried to get him onboard before... maybe it'll sink in this time :cool:

(dugg as well)

Great article. Who would think a forum about shaving would be so active? This has introduced me to a new world. I've been frustrated with the drug store shaving options for many years now, but never pursued the topic in depth.

Looking forward to shaving with my likely purchase of a Merkur HD.

Great article. Who would think a forum about shaving would be so active? This has introduced me to a new world. I've been frustrated with the drug store shaving options for many years now, but never pursued the topic in depth.

Welcome to B&B.

You'll love this hobby.

I'm almost a year in, and I'm still shocked at how friendly and civilized shaving enthusiasts really are. Great forum.:badger: :badger:

Welcome aboard! The HD is a great razor to start with.

Welcome! :biggrin:

M

modern man

Whodathunkit, someone from this forum could be so.......what is the word......ummmmmmmmmm Articualtive, Articulated.....you know.

hey guys got the info from zenhabits, which i found off of digg.com. I hope to get so help on a starter kit on shaving and such looks like it should be great

Welcome aboard ! HDC the 3rd

And John nice little write up there. Good job, tut tut, and all that and ignore some of those Digg comments ....

Brush on, shave off...

Thanks for the post at Zen Habits. That blog has been in my RSS feed for months now, and I'm happy to explore wherever it's posts might lead me. Now I have a new experience to look forward too (DE shaving), and I appreciate all the great information that is available here. What a fantastic resource! :biggrin1:

Many thanks for your fine article. I read it while away from home, and it tipped me over the edge. I finished the article, browsed B&B.com, and ordered a Vision/T&H/Proraso/Carter-and-Bond brush shortly afterwards. I'm still learning, but... wow. The previously tedious morning ritual has now become something I anticipate greatly.

What happened?!

Thanks again for taking the time to proselytise. :)

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

C

cha2d

Great article! I too was drawn to straight razor shaving for all the same reasons he listed. With a little dedicated practice, I hope to be free from cartridge razors altogether soon. Just had my first shave today and it went quite well -- even though it took a lot longer than with the cartridge. The funny thing was I enjoyed it so much more though. Cleared my mind focusing on the task at hand, and it even felt like an accomplishment rather than a daily chore. I'm hooked.

Top Bottom