What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

I guess this is a classic example of YMMV. The Personnas work fine for me in most razors, including the PAL Adjustable and Injecto-Matic. I don't find a great deal of difference between them and the Chicks.

Yeah we're all different....different skin toughness and texture, thickness of beard, shaving techniques.....etc.

There's people who really like the Feather SEs and come to their defense but personally they just don't work for me. I also prefer the modified Gem blades in the early Valets anyday.

Basically the same issue with the Personnas in the injectors. I might get a decent shave or two in certain razors, but then they give pretty mediocre results at best. Much like the Gem SS blades in the Valets, the Chick always seem to give a better shave in the injectors I've tried.

But as you say YMMV

However, lately I've been using NOS blades and the Japanese twin blades, which blow them both away.

I used a NOS Twin in my L [meant to say L not M in my other post and my edit time was up]. Loved it, one of my best shaving experiences ever!

I have some NOS Plus Platinums I've been wanting to try. Any opinion on those and advice on the best razor for them?

That's great to hear. :thumbup1: The PAL Injecto Matic is my hands-down favorite razor. I'd have been really disappointed if you didn't a great shave from it with the Schick blade.

Like Billy, I find a Personna in a G steps it up a notch and improves the shave. I have not tried them in anything else.

Karl

Yes definitely a much better razor with the Chick. I'm a bit surprised that just a blade change can make that much difference.

I've got a G that is my least favorite injector and still have 7 Personnas left to burn up and they're my least favorite blade. Maybe the combination might surprise me......nothing much to lose by trying them, otherwise they're both gonna be collecting dust.

I've tried 3 Personna injector blades in my L-Injector. They hack me up worse than any DE blade ever did, and they are on par with the Atra and Trac-II cartridges for me.

Now, the Chicks have been stellar. I get 7 to 10 shaves. I could push them longer.

Going to look for some NOS Injector blades.

I got 25 very good shaves on a Chick blade, and there are gents on the forum who have reported 30 or more. I am currently on shave 17 with a Chick blade, and it shows no sign of giving up yet. Some NOS blades will last even longer--I got 49 shaves on a Personna 74 before it stopped delivering good shaves, but the current Personnas don't give nearly as many shaves for me as a Chick.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I get a month's worth of daily shaves from my Chicks. Could stretch them out longer if I were so inclined, but a month per blade is great value for me. Put it in the same annual cost ballpark as DE blades, which is a bonus.

I haven't gone for a real longevity check on the injectors yet, but I have 11 on an I2 with a Chick. It was still going when my L showed up with the Twin blades, got 12 out of it. The Chick was still going strong and I'm sure has a lot more shaves in it, the Twin was still giving nice shaves too. I plan to revisit both of these.

The J3 with a Personna I got to 7 before I moved on. I probably could of gotten more but was so unimpressed with the combo I didn't want to. This combo actually had given me high hopes for the Personna with the first couple of shaves being fantastic, but it quickly faded out to harsh tuggy shaves and after 5 of those I had enough.

I haven't gone for a real longevity check on the injectors yet, but I have 11 on an I2 with a Chick. It was still going when my L showed up with the Twin blades, got 12 out of it. The Chick was still going strong and I'm sure has a lot more shaves in it, the Twin was still giving nice shaves too. I plan to revisit both of these.

The J3 with a Personna I got to 7 before I moved on. I probably could of gotten more but was so unimpressed with the combo I didn't want to. This combo actually had given me high hopes for the Personna with the first couple of shaves being fantastic, but it quickly faded out to harsh tuggy shaves and after 5 of those I had enough.
+ 1 on that one...I think the general consensus is that Chick blades last a lot longer than Personna blades...I get about 4 decent 3 pass shaves out a Personna blade & the Chick blades seem to go on for ever...:w00t:

Billy

+ 1 on that one...I think the general consensus is that Chick blades last a lot longer than Personna blades...I get about 4 decent 3 pass shaves out a Personna blade & the Chick blades seem to go on for ever...:w00t:

Billy

I pretty much agree. I get about a weeks worth from the Personnas, and two weeks from the Chicks. I could probably get more out of both, but I see no reason to shave with a blade that's even the least bit dull.

--Bob

Longer than Feather? I'm debating getting some Schick blades if they last longer and perfrom better than Feather.

The Feather Pro blades are far sharper than Chick blades...By a longshot...I get 4 lovely 3 pass BBS shaves out of them..The Chick blades in terms of sharpness don't look near them to be quite Frank...In terms of performance then the Chick blades are quite sharp and last a lot longer than the Feather Pro...In contrast the Feather Pro is Surgically Sharp/Crazy Sharp but doesn't last as long...It depends what you are looking for...These things are all personal...:w00t:

One more thing...I have a lot of injectors & I use various blades to suit their varied characteristic's...Hence..I don't get caught up in one blade because some blades perform better than others in particular injectors...In short the Pro blade is crazy sharp compared to the Chick blade but the Chick blade lasts a lot longer...:thumbup1:

Billy

I have some NOS Plus Platinums I've been wanting to try. Any opinion on those and advice on the best razor for them?

The three injectors that I use the most are an early Schick E2, a British PAL Injecto-Matic and a PAL Adjustable. The Plus Platinums work great in all of them.

--Bob

...and now for something completely different. This Schick H1 arrived yesterday and I shaved with it today. Paired with a Personna blade it gave an unbelievably close shave. Right up there with an early E2 and competitive with a PAL Injecto Matic. No kidding. :thumbup1:

If you're having second thoughts about it, gift it as a present to your main squeeze and borrow it when she isn't looking. :lol:

View attachment 618764

Karl

Last edited:
The three injectors that I use the most are an early Schick E2, a British PAL Injecto-Matic and a PAL Adjustable. The Plus Platinums work great in all of them.

--Bob

Decided to give one a try in the J3.

That first shave was very nice. Not super close but very smooth, the razor just glided effortlessly. And very comfortable, no sign of a weeper, or harshness, and not any irritation.

Not as close as a Twin but just top notch for smooth and comfortable.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Have any of the Schickheads tried the "New" injectors available on Amazon? Looks like a Type L pretty much, I did a basic search and can find no mention on the forum,
$amazonschickclassic.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Shave-Classic...=1448900262&sr=1-2&keywords=personna+injector

Have any of the Schickheads tried the "New" injectors available on Amazon? Looks like a Type L pretty much, I did a basic search and can find no mention on the forum,

Fergiebilly

View attachment 619052
http://www.amazon.com/Shave-Classic...=1448900262&sr=1-2&keywords=personna+injector
These have been around for some time Sir..I have seen them currently being sold Brand New on EBay quite a few times ....They have come up before in other Forums and apparently they are Junk...That is to say they are apparently Poor by comparison to a Schick Injector..
proxy.php
:w00t:

Billy​

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Thanks Billy - Thought it was probably too good to be true - a Type L clone , even if perfectly executed, would likely be too mild for my druthers. I just never had noticed them until this morning.

These have been around for some time Sir..I have seen them currently being sold Brand New on EBay quite a few times ....They have come up before in other Forums and apparently they are Junk...That is to say they are apparently Poor by comparison to a Schick Injector..
proxy.php
:w00t:

Billy​
I looked at them when I wanted to get back to my injector roots. The reviews on Amazon made me stay away. Instead, I got some vintage Schicks on daBay, and am very happy that I did!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
A few posts deleted because the item in question is still in pre-production/fund raising status. Once an item is in production and deliverable please feel free to discuss it here.

Thanks

Top Bottom