What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

Of the commonly available Schick injectors, they seem to become progressively milder as you move from the Type E to the Type N, except for the adjustable Type Ms, which are…adjustable. The PAL injectomatic feels to me about like a Schick Type G.

Welcome to the injector world. FWIW, I think the best combination of aggressiveness, comfort and forgiveness of lapses of attention is the G. As others have said, the E is probably the most aggressive, and it has been known to bite the careless shaver (e.g. me :oops:). I also have a J, which is really cool looking, but for my taste is just too mild. YMMV.

I have just acquired SI #2, a G model. I am even pondering getting rid of most, if not all, of my DEs. And from what I am reading here I could get a month's worth of shave from one blade. This would put me at 12 blades per year. Since I am 43 right now, and I predict that I have only another 30years of life (statistical avg here), I would just need to buy 360 blades and I would be all set. Look, I am now saving money!!!! Never mind those hundreds of dollars spent in the past. That didn't count. This time its for real :)

I shaved today for the first time with my "G". It felt sort of like a toy because of the light weight, so I think I was a bit careless - my alum block told me that I'll need to be a bit more careful next time. Nonetheless, I got one of my best shaves ever, especially in my problem areas (chin & neck).

I have been wet shaving for 3+ years, but only started using my SE razors about two months ago. I love the feel and the appearance of my DE razors, but the SE's - and now the injector - just perform better. I wish there were bigger, heavier SE's with cool handles...

I wish there were bigger, heavier SE's with cool handles...

There are: The Ever Ready Streamline set:

$sl3.JPG

You know you want one. :w00t:

--Bob

My own doesn't look that good, although I have a Golden 500, with the extra long, longer handle, that looks almost as pristine. I don't know where I got that particular JPG file any more (that you quoted back). The nicest Schick Injector I have is a J-1 that I put into the Golden 500's case, but I just might look for the correct case for it one of these days.

I haven't been online in some time, but for the past year or so I've exclusively used my injector! I used to have shaving ADD, bouncing from razor to razor like a madman, but the injector is so good that I don't even think about it, I just automatically reach for it.

I haven't been online in some time, but for the past year or so I've exclusively used my injector! I used to have shaving ADD, bouncing from razor to razor like a madman, but the injector is so good that I don't even think about it, I just automatically reach for it.
Welcome back! It's good to have another injector connoisseur around!

I "won" a Type I2 on the auction site and was amazed at the effortless shave I got from it. My father said this was his favorite but he stopped using it when blades became too hard to get, and now I can see why.

Unfortunately I'm having a hell of a time getting the handle clean. I tried soap and water, vinegar, scrubbing bubbles (each time scrubbing with a toothbrush). No luck at all - Any pointers?

$Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 9.15.58 PM.jpg

I love the look of injectors and collected quite a bunch, E, G, M Dial, J, PAL Adjustable, Personna, but simply could not get a good, reliable or comfortable shave out of any of them. The E came the closest to a "shave" and the M delivered the most comfortable, but despite their good looks I had to let them all go since I just couldn't get a tune out of them ...

I retained one.

The Gillette Twinjector, which I love. It just works for me. I don't know why ... and I don't know why the Gillette and not the Schicks, but it works for me and I really enjoy it. Gillette blades are the smoothest to me, but difficult to find good quantities of so I bag the few I find when I do.

My Gillette ...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom