What's new

Found a restaurant in St. Louis with Pappy 20yo on the menu. Should I go for it?

$20 for 2 ounces. That seems steep to a poor guy like me, but I'll probably never have another opportunity in my life to try it. Would you other poor folk go for it?

Yes. $20 is a great price for it, I've payed a lot more than that. It is going for $45/dram in downtown LA

$20 is a lot cheaper than the $100+ you'll pay for a bottle of it. I think it's worth it and worth the time to savor it.

I would go for it. It is pretty difficult to find, and $20 is MUCH cheaper than what you'd pay on the off chance you find a bottle.

Haven't been able to make it back yet, but you talked me into it. I'm trying it next time I go there. It's a BBQ joint called Hendrick's, for anyone who wants to know.

Oh man! BBQ and PvW :001_wub: That's one hell of a night.

I'd donate some blood or something in the days ahead to get some extra Pappy money.

Alright, you've got my attention (on the bourbon and the BBQ). Where in St. Louis is Hendrick's?

It's in downtown St. Charles. They've only been open a few months. If you go, I highly recommend trying the brisket sandwich. And leave some Pappy's for me!

For anyone in Chicago looking to try the Pappy 20 year old, I got it at Stanley's Kitchen and Tap on Lincoln Avenue. It really was one heck of a generous pour for $16. Pretty decent food there, too.

Nick

OH MAN! I was just in St. Charles on business for several weeks. I would have joined you for a drink of Pappy. I was unplugged from B&B this time, but next time maybe I'll PM you before I come. I didn't go to Hendrick's. Wish I had. Went to Tony's, Quintessential, and McNally's. Tony's was good, Q had potential but they didn't know how to cook a steak, and McNally's was also decent with some pretty good beer.

Back to the question at hand - YES!! That's not a bad price for a great pour.

Top Bottom