What's new

ladies' EDC blade?

looking for suggestions: my wife is a producer and is often working on set/location. i imagine her "work kit" would benefit from a utilitarian blade of some sort. its uses would range from opening envelopes and boxes to cutting lightweight rope and the like. i'd hate to think she relies on some clunky box cutter to accomplish all of that.

i'm looking in the $100.00 range - largely at spyderco and benchmade. "girly" styling is not a priority at all, although the tool should be diminutive as a matter of functionality. i'm not opposed to a mini multi-tool either, preferably leatherman if you have some suggestions. perhaps that's the way to go after all. thanks in advance, all!!

My daughter carries a Leatherman Juice S2. She is a music festival organiser and she finds all sorts of uses for the little tools when actually on site.

Gareth

I personally prefer the Gerbers to the Leathermans and carried one on both deployments. The design is better for one handed use, but either would be a great go-to for any myriad of tasks.

How about a Benchmade Triage? Non assuming orange handle, It's a little more than you wanted to spend ( 175 ish ) but it's a quality blade and comes with the hook for envelope and other tasks.

If you want to go with a multi tool, get something that locks the blade as opposed to non locking

thanks for the suggestions, all. i went with the squirt ps4. i like the combination of pliers and scissors. i would have liked the corkscrew in there as well, but i think she already has a dedicated corkscrew in her kit.

Benchmade Mini-Griptilian, the Spyderhole version.

Size fits most women's hands, the Axis lock is extremely strong and easy to use. I prefer a straight blade but the 50/50 serrated model works well too for rope.

A Delica is a good blade, I carried one for 10 years, but the lock isn't nearly as strong.

A Spyderco Mini-Manix might work too.

For multitools, I prefer Gerbers politically speaking, or the SOG and SwissTool models over a Leatherman. And I've had a Leatherman for nearly 20 years. I won't have another one.

Top Bottom