What's new

Help A Gent With Dry Skin Find a Good Face Wash

Hello gents! I am currently using Irish Spring bar soap to wash my face but have realized how dry this is making my skin, which is making my de wet shave suffer. Can anyone of you find gents with dry skin point me in the right direction. Any suggestions would help! Thnx

proxy.php

Yes, I've been using it for years to wash my face. It's cheap, easy to find, gentle, refreshing and doesn't dry out my skin. Most recently, I've been using it as a pre-shave cream as well. I apply a thin layer to my wet face before applying my shave cream and then re-apply with each pass. I use the brand name version as well as the generic store-brands.

Oil Cleansing Method is my first recommendation. I'd ditch the Irish Spring soap for a moisturizing bar or body wash(no idea on brands since I make my own bar soap). I'd also get a good moisturizing face friendly lotion such as Nivea Soft.

Side note: I tried Noxzema as a pre-shave. It didn't offer any protection and irritated my skin since it remained in contact with my skin for 10 minutes or so.

TriSlim

If you're willing to have items shipped, you should give Nancy Boy a go. You can try their mild facial cleanser in a travel size (trial size) for a lower price without going "all in." I really like it because it's good quality, fair priced, very mild and not drying at all really, and I believe myself to have dry skin. Just make sure to have a good moisturizer, Sir!

A woman I used to work with turned me on to Dermalogica for my skin and 2 things really helped with dryness-Special Cleansing Gel and the Clean Bar. I use the gel if I have some breakout that I need to clear out and the clean bar otherwise. If I use most cleansers, my skin gets so dry it flakes on my cheeks.

Dermalogica Ultra Calming face wash is my choice. I have combination/dry skin with some areas classed as sensitive. This face wash works a treat. I buy it at a discount store in the 500ml size.

Hello gents! I am currently using Irish Spring bar soap to wash my face but have realized how dry this is making my skin, which is making my de wet shave suffer. Can anyone of you find gents with dry skin point me in the right direction. Any suggestions would help! Thnx

Thats your problem, Irish Spring is even too drying for the skin on somebody's body no wonder it trys out your face. Try TEA TREE SOAP on your face.

On thing that could help here is 1) do you know what type of skin you have and 2)are you wanting a medicated face wash or just a moisturizing face wash.

I have oily skin and started this thread a while back. Lots of good comments.

Last edited:
If you're willing to have items shipped, you should give Nancy Boy a go. You can try their mild facial cleanser in a travel size (trial size) for a lower price without going "all in." I really like it because it's good quality, fair priced, very mild and not drying at all really, and I believe myself to have dry skin. Just make sure to have a good moisturizer, Sir!

Nancy Boy makes great products across the board, IMHO. You may also want to try a handmade soap like MamaBears. They tend to be a lot more moisturizing than mass produced soaps because they leave the glycerin in. Also, I can't recommend using a moisturizer after washing your face enough. Even if the soap is drying your skin, you can replenish it with a good moisturizer.

i would highly suggest just using plain water; that is what i have been doing for the past 20 years. i use unrefined shea butter for a moisturizer and have amazing results. Good luck.

I never use bar soap on my face. Been using Biore face wash for years (stole it from an ex-girlfriend and have been using it since.)

Avoid any aftershaves that are alcohol based, and stick to aftershave balms. I like Nivea Sensitive Skin aftershave balm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom