What's new

How often do you lose a nice pen?

I recently found my favorite pen that was on the inside pocket of a tweed jacket that was put away for the summer. I was thrilled to "recover" the pen that my wife had given me as a Christmas gift 24 years ago.

Last edited:
It's great finding valuable items in the pockets of one's coats and jackets. I have purchased one nice pen in my life, and it's not that nice--it's just a Parker. It's been nestled in a little pen holder in my briefcase for 16 years, and if I use it, it goes immediately back in the same pen holder. It'll probably be the last I'll ever buy. Precise V5 Extra Fine by Pilot is my everyday pen.

Lose a pen? Hopefully never!

It would be hard for me to lose one. They go from desk to messenger bag and back to desk. They even get to travel in their own leather case :)

After breaking my beloved Sheaffer Admiral, I'm pretty careful to keep my pen with my clipboard, plus I carry a ballpoint for the customer to use. I got tired of watching some of them try to write with the backside of the nib, it's hard to correct them without making them feel stupid about it. I thought I lost a nice Sheaffer that I picked up on the BST a while back, but I found it in a drawer in my bathroom amongst my razors after it had gone missing for a couple of weeks.

The really nice (and expensive ones) never leave my office so NO, I have never lost a really NICE pen.

Now I've misplaced a few but they always show up (eventually)

I lost a Parker ballpoint that my parents gave me for high school graduation. Unfortunately never recovered it.

Too new to pens to have lost one, thankfully, but thank you so much for spelling lose correctly. In my line of work I constantly see it spelled as loose and it drives me crazy.

Yup I dropped my first jinhao at work it did write great for me even if it was 5 bucks I was hurt when the nib hit the concrete floor. But then it is much more easy to replace a 5 dollar pen then a 150 dollar pen

I always lose pens. During the course of my life, I've always lost my pens before I could ever use them up. I've actually had one Rite in the Rain pen that I had in Afghanistan that I haven't managed to lose yet.

I did lose a TWSBI 540 Demonstrator in the smoke color that I purchased from poonjaji. It was even secure too; I had it in my pants pocket and the clip was on the pocket flap. The next thing I know, it's gone. :crying:

I haven't completely lost any yet that I am willing to admit to, but I have a Pelikano Jr. and a Platinum Preppy that have been missing for over a month. As much as i would like a "nice pen" with a custom nib etc., I know my life and it isn't worth the stress. Nothing more expensive than an Ahab for me.

I don't know. The BUY button on every site I know works the same no matter how much or little the pen costs!:biggrin1::scared:
Maybe but the approve command sent by my paypal account isnt the same lol,... i do try to budget these things out now

I got tired of losing my low and mid lvl pens so I went out and bought a few $500.00 plus pens...believe me when I say you make sure you know where they are at all times.

Top Bottom