What's new

Acquisitions December 17 to December 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife gave me a new Futur yesterday as an early Christmas present! The first shave was this morning and I loved every second of it!

1-Futur razor
2-Shavemac 177
3-Dovo stand-fits future and 177
4-Castle Forbes Lime
I ordered all from Jim at Vintage--good place to do business--highly recomend him:001_tt1:

full

full

full

thats all for today

Last edited by a moderator:
I scored a nice clean E1 Fatboy this week. I arrived today, can't wait til the morning to give it a ride.

I also picked up some AOS Lavender Shave Cream and some C&E Sandlewood After Shave Balm.

I needed to treat myself after the horrific Mall visit Saturday afternoon.

the shave den - jasmine essential oil shave soap
the shave den - black pepper essential oil shave soap
kent BLK4!! :thumbup:

i happened to be conversing with charles the other day and asked if by chance he might have an extra wild rose shave soap... :w00t:

s~s

View attachment 14300

So when's the next shopping trip.:em2300: Great score, Nick.

not for a while Ram . My "cute" hobby has now become annoying to her so I think I will hold off for now until things cool down.

Be sure to look for my new brush very soon guys just trying to find out how much it should go for and it will be for sale I am not ready to part with any thing else at the moment

Nick

Hey, how about my new razor storage rack...well I didn't buy it, I made it yesterday...I guess its still an acquisition...at least my razors have something new to rest on...

RE: black pepper essential oil shave soap

my favorite luxury item is the molton brown black pepper body wash. in my quest to find a shave product to match this, i had contacted our wonderful artesian shave soap makers to inquire about a black pepper essential oil soap. their replies were, "black pepper essential on it's own will most certainly cause an extreme burning sensation". mama bear was super kind and invited me down to work on a possible solution. our fine afternoon together resulted in "fleur de soul" (check the reviews area) which has a considerable amount of black pepper essential oil in it but there is also a bunch of rosewood in it too - it is one of my favs, just not a straight black pepper. i was just about sure my search was over when i stumbled upon "the shave den" store where i noted an essential oil peppercorn offering but it turned out to be pink peppercorn. the soap maker then advised she had some black pepper essential oil and would make me up a jar. it is all black pepper...nothing else...imagine the scent of fresh cracked black pepper & that's what it smells of. i am still working on the correct water/soap ratio but i am pleased to report that i have experienced no burning sensations at all!

s~s

Going into a whole foods store because I was curious about the Weleda aftershave (and I figured they'd have it), I discovered not only Weleda aftershave and shaving cream, but a whole range of Speick products. So of course I had to buy a Speick shaving stick as well. :)

....it is all black pepper...nothing else...imagine the scent of fresh cracked black pepper & that's what it smells of. i am still working on the correct water/soap ratio but i am pleased to report that i have experienced no burning sensations at all!

Does it make you sneeze? :001_tt2: :biggrin:

it is all black pepper...nothing else...imagine the scent of fresh cracked black pepper & that's what it smells of. i am still working on the correct water/soap ratio but i am pleased to report that i have experienced no burning sensations at all!

s~s

I'm drooling!!! :w00t:

Hey, how about my new razor storage rack...well I didn't buy it, I made it yesterday...I guess its still an acquisition...at least my razors have something new to rest on...

Awesome work Ray!!! Looks like a pretty innovative design... nice color on the stain too BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom