What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

Murry's xtra heavy. I hope Murray's doesn't discontinue this pomade because I think it's easily the best in their line. It's still a special edition as far as I know. I'm not sure if it's selling well enough for Murray's to make it a permanent one of their pomades. It would be a pity if they phased it out like Sweet Georgia Brown discontinued their super shiny water based pomade.

Murray's Superior + Dax Short and Neat as topper. In hindsight, I think I wasted the Dax by including it with the Murray's. I like the look of Murray's without a topper. When you add stuff to it, there's no real improvement, at least for me. I won't be doing that again. There's not much difference in Murray's Superior and the Xtra heavy other than the hold. Xtra heavy has just a little more hold. I'm not sure if it's worth being sold at double the price of original Murray's. I like the scent of Dax Short and Neat. The stuff is top notch. I can with that look 365 days a year. My hair is too long right now to use it daily. Been dreading going to my hair stylist because she's got anger issues. She's great at cutting hair, but like an attack dog while I'm in the chair. I've been putting it off for as long as possible. That's one of the reasons why I'm using Murray's and Murray xta heavy. With that stuff, it's possible to disguise the need for a hair cut for a long, long time due to ability of those pomades to pack your hair down. It's great stuff. I have to use a wide tooth comb to avoid pulling out all my hair. That stuff if like glue, but incredibly great for my type of hair. Without pomade, my hair looks like Willy Wonka (1971). With pomade, I can look like anybody. Dax Short and Neat works well at packing my hair down as well if I put enough on it. I bought a lifetime supply of the stuff because I got sick of purchasing individual jars. I just bought 20 at once. It'll never run out. I'm usually not into light pomades, but Dax Short and Neat is some next level stuff. It's much different than any light pomade I've ever used before. It blows away Royal Crown, Rustin, Dr, Rubin's Ultra Shine, Madame Belva, Murray's Super light, Murray's Hair Glo and Lockhart's light. This stuff is incredible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom