What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

I have an odd request... Can someone explain top coating and how, and why it is done ? I think I understand and would like to try it, but would love someone to tell me how instead of me guessing. Thanks !!

A topper is generally used to add Shine to your hair. A lot of men do it when they need to use a really strong hold to get their hair to style; commonly stronger holding Pomades or waxes don't have a high shine to them. So you get your hair nice and styled then rub your high shine (usually a light hold) on top to get the gloss, comb it back and voila.

Today:

An off day, so I'm just using Groom & Clean to style and get the last of my buildup out before I start the whole process over again.

A topper is generally used to add Shine to your hair. A lot of men do it when they need to use a really strong hold to get their hair to style; commonly stronger holding Pomades or waxes don't have a high shine to them. So you get your hair nice and styled then rub your high shine (usually a light hold) on top to get the gloss, comb it back and voila.

Today:

An off day, so I'm just using Groom & Clean to style and get the last of my buildup out before I start the whole process over again.

Okay so if I understand correctly, and I do know what you mean by the lower sheen of stronger hold waxes or other grooming products. So you would take lets say Royal Crown which has a great shine or Tres Flores, and rub that into your hands than just coat the "top" of your style so it get that shine from the grease......your not really mixing the two....the higher sheen one only kind of rides on top of the stronger hold product. am I correct there ?

Exactly! For example if you're doing a side part

Apply your normal choice as you do every day and style your hair
Rub the high shine product in both hands
Apply from the part to the top of your hair down with the styles contour
Run your comb back through to bring your hairs back together

Top Bottom