What's new

Mystic Water Wild Lavender Arrived Today

Oh my. I received a package today from our great artisan Michelle. While it contained a substantial amount of product for my wife you may be assured I took the opportunity to procure something for myself. Namely Wild Lavender shave soap. What hath Michelle wrought?

Many here are familiar with my near ridiculous obsession with Castle Forbes lavender shave cream. And grand it is. It is stoutly scented with earthy, herbaceous lavender that I cannot get enough of. Mystic Wild Lavender is different. I dare say it is much more refined...and gentlemanly. It has mint and floral notes that exude class. It reminds me of a moisturiser I purchased at QED years ago. I have forgotten the brand but Charles told me it contained a Bulgarian lavender and that it had a mint like note to it. This scent reminds me of it quite a lot but has an even more refined floral note to it. Mind, it is not a floral scent but it hints at it along with that fresh minty note. I have found this sort of melange typically bespeaks quality. I love this lavender scent. Unless I miss the guess Michelle is using superb quality esssential oil in this soap. Her site lists it as lavendin which is a hybrid lavender. I suppose you can guess which soap is laid out by the sink basin for tomorrow's shave?

Cheers, Todd

Nice to hear. I just ordered a few samples. I tried out her soaps a little while back and the samples I ordered were just too feminine for my taste. Ordered the Mysore Sandalwood, Bay Rum, and Sensitive Skin shaving soap samples this time. I have heard of the MW lathers falling apart when used with warm/hot water, but never experienced that, but then again, I am a cold water shaver!

First shave in this morning. Wonderful scent, superb shave. Once again no need for any type of a/s product afterward. The lavender in this scent mutes a bit when lathered and it is just fine that way. Very regal aroma. I suspect the old Yardley and other Brit scents of yore smelled a lot like this. If you like Czech and Speake Oxford and Cambridge you will like this. It is not as lightly scented as O&C and does not have that sort of cologne like under note but exudes the same class. Very good scent. I had been out of the Lily of the Valley soap for a few weeks and wondered if I would be able to recreate its magic with this version of the soap. Oh yes. Particularly after the rest between passes. This soap is flat out excellent.

Cheers, Todd

It's my favorite lavender to date. I don't think anyone can top the quality across the range of scents Mystic Water makes. Phog, have you tried Adirondack Jack? That scent is quietly becoming a favorite of mine.

You are in for a treat! Michelle's scents are exceptional. I'm not a fan of lavender, but her scent is the exception. It's one of my favorite summer scents. Let us know how the shave goes.

Damn. You guys make me wanna give these soaps a try.

I have the GFT Coconut. Anyone could give me a hint about how it could compare to a MW Soap (the lavender one especially).

I have the Bay Rum and it is magnificent. She also sent me a sample of Orange Vanilla, and it is going to be my next purchase.

Wonderful scent, superb shave. Once again no need for any type of a/s product afterward. The lavender in this scent mutes a bit when lathered and it is just fine that way. Very regal aroma.

+1 I enjoy this one too. No reaction for my sensitive skin either!

Ordered the Mysore Sandalwood, Bay Rum, and Sensitive Skin shaving soap samples this time. I have heard of the MW lathers falling apart when used with warm/hot water, but never experienced that, but then again, I am a cold water shaver!

ODJ. Have you used MW before? I recall you listing Mike's and QCS but not MW. I think you'll be very pleased. I've had some sensative skin issues, you are one of many who have sent some tips that have helped. MW has been one of the biggest solutions to my problems. It's very good. I start pretty dry when I lather, but I add a lot of water for a wet yogurty lather. It's great. The sensitive skin formula you ordered has been very good for me . . . the only downside being that I miss Michelle's scents. They really are great.

Indeed lads. I keep poking my nose in the bowl every time I go near the lavatory. It is simply class. And hours later my skin still feels great and well cared for. Michelle's soaps are a permanent fixture in my toiletry locker.

Cheers, Todd

+1 I enjoy this one too. No reaction for my sensitive skin either!

ODJ. Have you used MW before? I recall you listing Mike's and QCS but not MW. I think you'll be very pleased. I've had some sensative skin issues, you are one of many who have sent some tips that have helped. MW has been one of the biggest solutions to my problems. It's very good. I start pretty dry when I lather, but I add a lot of water for a wet yogurty lather. It's great. The sensitive skin formula you ordered has been very good for me . . . the only downside being that I miss Michelle's scents. They really are great.

I have tried MW before (well, sort of). I ordered some samples in the past and couldn't get past the scents. They were too feminine for me, but this time around I ordered scents that are more along the lines of what I like: Bay Rum, Mysore and the Sensitive Skin.

Gents-

I went on a lavender craze a while back.

I've CF, DRH, MdC, Jabonamn, AoS and Mike's Hungarian. Understand that I'm trying hard NOT to add to my already too full den, but...is MW enough better that I should add it to my assortment?

Be honest with me, please.

I love lavender essential oil scents. This thread has inspired me to give MW one last try.
If I can't get it to work for me this time, I'm done with it.

Gents-

I went on a lavender craze a while back.

I've CF, DRH, MdC, Jabonamn, AoS and Mike's Hungarian. Understand that I'm trying hard NOT to add to my already too full den, but...is MW enough better that I should add it to my assortment?

Be honest with me, please.

* Max, yes, it is that good! i think it is the best Bay Rum out there!

Top Bottom