What's new

Newbies, show off your gear!

Here's what I have so far. I have brush there that I'm breaking in to [emoji2]

proxy.php

Wow, I've only looked at this page so far. Just joined the forum. Been using a DE for a year now (just wrote my intro) but I've just been using the Van der Hagen stuff available in stores up until now. The following is the only thing I can show since I just started looking into different blades and soaps. This is half my order from the Try-a-Blade site as I ordered two of 13 different blades to try before ordering a bunch of them. Also just ordered today a few sample pucks from Stirling Soap Company so I don't have them to show.

proxy.php

Hi everyone, I have been at shaving for over ten last with Mach 3. I had been facing the usual challenge, started digging online, came upon this beautiful website and forum, and few others; untill a month ago if someone would have told me that I would be buying a DE Razor, I would have asked them what do you mean by DE :)

Well, with loads of help from the discussions over here and some more internet research; I ordered my tools and they have arrived this evening. Tomorrow morning I am taking an hour for my first DE shave; I am quite excited :)

Thanks guys!

$IMG_0633.jpg$IMG_0636.jpg

This is my gear, did use a Merkur Futur (worked great for me) before but i lost it. I quite recently bought a Rockwell 6S which i actually have some problem getting used to.

Soap/cream: L'occitane Cade (both cream and soap)
aftershave: L'occitane Cade,Floid.Reuzel
Oils:Truefitt and Hill, L'occitane Cade
Brush: Edwin Jagger also have a Man-u synthetic brush
Razers: Old Gillette (dont know model) Rockwell 6S and Beard Monkey.
Blades: Rockwell,Feather.

I have ordered Thayers Witch Hazel toner from U.S.A because it is not sold here in Sweden, but its is slowly changing as they started to import a larger variety of wet shaving products.

It is fun reading Badger and Blade forums.

And sorry for my bad English.

Attachments

• $IMG_2338.jpg
    $IMG_2338.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 122
I have really only just started out DE shaving. When my mom gave me my grand fathers DE gear. The razors I'm slowly figuring out, but the shaving bowl I have no idea how I'm suppose to use it or what shaving soap I should be using with it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated?
Regards DaveL

Attachments

• $IMG_0897.jpg
    $IMG_0897.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 112
  • $IMG_0898.jpg
    $IMG_0898.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 113
I have really only just started out DE shaving. When my mom gave me my grand fathers DE gear. The razors I'm slowly figuring out, but the shaving bowl I have no idea how I'm suppose to use it or what shaving soap I should be using with it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated?
Regards DaveL
$IMG_0898.jpg
$IMG_0897.jpg
And here is the rest of the stuff I began with a Wahl razor some soapy shavey stuff my brother gave me and my grandfather's two razors Gillette new and slim.
$IMG_0900.jpg

Started with this last February and had just this up until few months ago.

Now im at this

Also have another omega boar, mitchell's wool fat soap in wood tub, a ralf aust razor, and new strop on the way now.

$20161027_142849_resized_1.jpg Muhle R89 Grande razor w/ Muhle blade, ersatz scuttle, old Aramis mug, old Mohawk brush, West Coast Shaving stand, Ogalalla bay rum soap, sandalwood soap, Mama Bear tub, Beard Balm beard balm (not in pic)

I've just entered the world of DE and here is my current (and only) setup:

• Rockwell Razors "6S" Adjustable Safety Razor
  • Simpsons 'Colonel X2L' Best Badger Shaving Brush
  • Polsilver Super Iridium DE Razor Blades
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street "Jermyn Street" Shaving Cream Bowl
  • Omega Matte Black Razor & Shaving Brush Stand

proxy.php

proxy.php

$IMG_0658.jpg
My stuff so far. Correct me if i'm wrong: gillette british tech, gillette new improved 1925 and swing A3. The straight razor is made by Erik Anton Berg, Eskilstuna. I have to polish it a little bit. The brushes are from whipped dog, high mountain badger and syntetic.
For some reason, the picture is upside down.

I am new to the game only 6 months in. I am already battling possible addiction to this hobby. Anyway I try different stuff and try to save money at the same time. I built this shelf and made the brush holders out of large vitamin bottles. I know they look like crap but they work. For razors I have a Red Tip and Matador El Toro Mastiff Largo. I also have a Fatboy that is not pictured as I have loaned it out. Favorite soaps are Mike's Natural Soaps, Stirling Soaps, Razorock and Proraso all colors. My favorite brush is the Strirling Kong. Oh and I also make my own pre shave oils from diy recipes online. My only question is what do I want to buy next?

Attachments

• $IMG_1758[1].jpg
    $IMG_1758[1].jpg
    69 KB · Views: 44
  • $IMG_1757[1].jpg
    $IMG_1757[1].jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thanks. It looks shi**y but it does the job and it's cost effective. I used a dremel and cut the bottles out and modified the top or cap to the bottle. The normal sized brushes fit perfectly but for the kong brush I had to use a bigger spice bottle temporarily. I appreciate the compliment. I though I was going to get slammed for it.

Top Bottom