What's new

Acquisitions for December 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this 40's Gillette Tech at an antique store. No date codes on the plate.

$20121216_130209.jpg$20121216_130105.jpg

Got a variety of items today. The razors are, T. Hessenbruch, Lee Mfg. Hugo Becher, Electric Cutlery, J. H. Flaggs, Challenge Cutlery, Worthington, CAstle by Theo. Kochs, Simmons Hardware, W&B ( rough) American Steel, Imperial,Wostenholm, no name, Bohler ( chipped toe) Karl Engles.
The jar of the Burma-Shave is full,never used. The blade packs are in great condition and the large one has the original package and the Gillette mirror is fun. The bottles of AS will make a nice backdrop to my collection.

Attachments

• $IMG_3401-001.JPG
    $IMG_3401-001.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 454
  • $IMG_3400-001.JPG
    $IMG_3400-001.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 455
  • $IMG_3398-001.JPG
    $IMG_3398-001.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 455
  • $IMG_3399-001.JPG
    $IMG_3399-001.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 454
A few weeks ago I received a British Gillette NEW # 77 with his black Bakelite box, and its blade holders. Also old blades, and I think some used that I do not show in the photo. This razor has the Tech thin handle. According MrRazor is from 1945.
I've cleaned it, but I did not disinfect it. What I did yesterday. I've given 60 minutes Darodor Sinaldehyd 2000 at 12% bath.
I have to mention that the bakelite box has gone through the disinfectant bath also, without any problems for her.
In this razor some brass appears in one side of the comb, and on the bottom, and the handle is seen copper. I've disinfected it because I want to try it a few times. But their future will be replating. I will not be orthodox and not going to nickel, but I will be more imaginative and am thinking red gold, or perhaps green gold. Also I'm thinking in black rhodium. We will see. I'll think about. There is time enough. And I'm thinking in a brass UFO handle plated also. A handle slighty fatter that fit in the box. Huumm.

proxy.php

And I had this iKon OSS head also clean that I bought from a spanish fellow. In perfect condition. So yesterday has been through the disinfectant bath, and this week I'm going to try it. I've put my "go to handle" for testing, UFO U2, wich I try all the new heads. So compare well.

proxy.php

A few weeks ago I received a British Gillette NEW # 77 with his black Bakelite box, and its blade holders. Also old blades, and I think some used that I do not show in the photo. This razor has the Tech thin handle. According MrRazor is from 1945.
I've cleaned it, but I did not disinfect it. What I did yesterday. I've given 60 minutes Darodor Sinaldehyd 2000 at 12% bath.
I have to mention that the bakelite box has gone through the disinfectant bath also, without any problems for her.
In this razor some brass appears in one side of the comb, and on the bottom, and the handle is seen copper. I've disinfected it because I want to try it a few times. But their future will be replating. I will not be orthodox and not going to nickel, but I will be more imaginative and am thinking red gold, or perhaps green gold. Also I'm thinking in black rhodium. We will see. I'll think about. There is time enough. And I'm thinking in a brass UFO handle plated also. A handle slighty fatter that fit in the box. Huumm.

proxy.php

And I had this iKon OSS head also clean that I bought from a spanish fellow. In perfect condition. So yesterday has been through the disinfectant bath, and this week I'm going to try it. I've put my "go to handle" for testing, UFO U2, wich I try all the new heads. So compare well.

proxy.php
i have the very same gillette 77 new, mines came in a brown velvet lined chrome box, i think your box may be the correct one, that ikon, ufo handle combo looks great.

I haven't got them in the mail yet, but scored a 40s/50s aristocrat, black beauty super adjustable, 2 injectors, an old spice grand turk mug, and a rubberset brush for under $20.

Here's an overview pic from the auction:

$score.jpg

Last edited:
2 tubes of Old Spice original shave cream, 1 tube of Old Spice Musk, and 1 bottle of Shulton Old Spice AS. I heard a Shavepocalypse rumor so I stocked up.

Picked this up today for $10. I think this will make a nice place to hang strops in my next bathroom.
It is cast iron and pretty heavy.
proxy.php

Got the B&B Special Edition Fountain Pen in today's mail. I picked the Med. nib and loaded it with Noodlers Dark Matter. Seemed appropriate for a black pen. I have the B&B Benevolent Blue in several other pens but after this ink, I may change it as well.
This is one heavy, solid feeling pen. Writes beautifully as well. Love the little Badger etched into the cap and the logo around the barrel. Very cool!

Attachments

• $IMG_3424-001.JPG
    $IMG_3424-001.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 278

Legion

Staff member
Got the B&B Special Edition Fountain Pen in today's mail. I picked the Med. nib and loaded it with Noodlers Dark Matter. Seemed appropriate for a black pen. I have the B&B Benevolent Blue in several other pens but after this ink, I may change it as well.
This is one heavy, solid feeling pen. Writes beautifully as well. Love the little Badger etched into the cap and the logo around the barrel. Very cool!

Very nice score.

Found this vintage Merkur while antiquing over the weekend. From what I've researched, it could have been produced anywhere between 1920 and 1950. Also received two aftershaves from the wife, both Avon: Wild Country (now I won't have to dip into the vintage "Solid Gold Cadillac" decanter, unless it is a special occasion) and Black Suede.

$20121223_170904.jpg

Last edited:
Just started so everything I own was purchased in december.

Gillette superspeed flairtip f2 1960
Omega boar
Aos smallest badger (4 steps pack)
Aos lavender pre-oil, cream, as cream
Samples from gary
Arko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom