What's new

Acquisitions for December 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up this 40's Gillette Tech at a local antique shop today.

$hrKhe.jpg

Alright, I have put this off too long. A few of these started the thread, but I wanted to put it all together. It has been a good month. Some great finds in the wild, some orders, and a nice Christmas haul. So here goes, what I bought:
$2012-12-29_22-46-53_474.jpg
Shulton Old Spice Flask decanter mostly full, Hull Pottery talc bottle, Hull mug with Ever-Ready Badger brush, and a newer mug that just says Old Spice

$2012-12-29_22-48-37_999.jpg
Bleu de Chanel AS, Azzaro Chrome AS balm, Slim Adjustable Aristocrat, Gold Black Beauty, Atlas razor with M and R heads.

$2012-12-29_22-50-22_29.jpg
And the Coup de Gras, the cased 30's Aristocrat for $10 which will have its own thread shortly.

Now the Christmas haul:
$2012-12-29_22-52-10_896.jpg
From my wife, old apothecary bottles with corks (2 of which she made from larger corks), a Kewtie, and the new Ikon OC.

$2012-12-29_22-53-01_596.jpg
Both new Above the Tie soaps from my mom, and an Omor? Solingen straight from my uncle.

I also got three Stirling soaps (which I used tonight with great success) from myself, and the Movember edition Tom's shoes from my step-daughter. Like I said, a great month.

Last edited:
Quite an acquisitive month:

Brush
*Semogue 1305

Blades
*Gillette Black Super Platinum (100)

Soap

*SCS Dagger
*SCS Moss Lime

After Shave Lotion
*SCS Blue Line
*SCS Very V

I logged into the B&B forum after quite while not being active and sure enough, I saw a post about the IKON Bulldog OC being available again, so you know what happened a few minutes ago ... I guess this qualifies for my last shaving acquisition of 2012. I should have stayed away, I should have... :scared:.

Last edited:
Picked this one up new on the net - EJ DE89 in barley chrome. Last pic just a comparison of my training wheels merkur 180 btwn the DE89.

I am waiting for my EJ Barley to arrive in the mail, and my current razor is the Merkur 23C just like you :) Tell how has the experience been so far?

Alright, I have put this off too long. A few of these started the thread, but I wanted to put it all together. It has been a good month. Some great finds in the wild, some orders, and a nice Christmas haul. So here goes, what I bought:
View attachment 296373
Shulton Old Spice Flask decanter mostly full, Hull Pottery talc bottle, Hull mug with Ever-Ready Badger brush, and a newer mug that just says Old Spice

View attachment 296374
Bleu de Chanel AS, Azzaro Chrome AS balm, Slim Adjustable Aristocrat, Gold Black Beauty, Atlas razor with M and R heads.

View attachment 296375
And the Coup de Gras, the cased 30's Aristocrat for $10 which will have its own thread shortly.

Now the Christmas haul:
View attachment 296376
From my wife, old apothecary bottles with corks (2 of which she made from larger corks), a Kewtie, and the new Ikon OC.

View attachment 296377
Both new Above the Tie soaps from my mom, and an Omor? Solingen straight from my uncle.

I also got three Stirling soaps (which I used tonight with great success) from myself, and the Movember edition Tom's shoes from my step-daughter. Like I said, a great month.

Wow what a haul. So thats what the BdC aftershave looks like eh? Gotta track one down then.

It is wonderful, one of the best scents I've ever smelled. I found it at Ulta, actually. I can't really do Edt's or colognes, they don't do me right, so I go for the aftershaves.

For this month I got a pretty beat up travel tech. Actually the razor is fine, the case has seen better days. I "borrowed" a tech that came in the mail for my dad. A nice E1 injector, my Robbert Becker scuttle, and some blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom