What's new

Acquisitions for December 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some Dr Harris Arlington Cologne (I've been wanting this for a while) as well as a new shaving mug and brush set this morning. I'm really happy with the shaving mug as my last one met a tragic end and I'd been looking at picking up a new one at some point.

Also, it seems that when my family are unsure on what to buy me for presents they default to shaving stuff. I like that :thumbup:

I have had a wonderful Christmas. Will add pics in a bit.

Ikon OC
Above the Tie shaving soaps (both scents)
$25 Amazon card (most likely aftershave)
Kewtie razor
Old "snake oil" apothecary bottles for aftershave decanting
Tom's Movember edition shoes
And a bottle of Bleu de Chanel AS I bought for myself

I got quite a haul today, with my family and girlfriend giving me all sorts of stuff. I opened a Merkur 23C, TOBS Lavender cream, RR Chianti Lavender croap, Col Conk Almond soap in a travel bowl, a Vintage Blades brush in finest, a 22mm TGN knot in best, TOBS Mr Taylor skin balm, 50 Polsilver blades, Musgo Real shaving cream, a leather travel razor sleeve, a travel brush tube, and Speick AS. I appreciate their enabling and love them all dearly (even if they got me a Norelco electric shaver I'd still love them)! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, gentlemen.

I know this isn't a competition, but I have no doubt I won: Santa brought me 100 polisilver SI blades, a bar of Klar Kabinet, Tabac stick and after shave, a Cacharel Shaving Soap, and a couple of after shave balms. And last week I scored a Yardley shaving soap. I am a lucky guy.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all!

A surprise under the tree; my Granddad's Gillette Executive!

$IMG_1524[1].jpg
Tom

This was a nice little find today.

$IMG_2249.jpg$IMG_2255.jpg

A couple of hot soapy baths and a bit of scrubbing with a toothbrush and some Q-tips and this was the result. The doors are missing some gold and the guard bars are prettyy bare, but not bad for $2.99 ($3.17 with tax) huh? :001_smile

$IMG_2269.jpg$IMG_2274.jpg

My sister-in-law and family gave me a six pack of Dirty Deeds shave soaps. I had not been aware of this company out of Lubbock and now I have an abundance of their product. Unfortunately I will probably not get to use any of them for a decade or so, if I am lucky. Just need to remind myself to lather the products with ill intentions.

I received DR Harris Windsor AS for Xmas, I now have the soap, AS, and EDT. I also ordered myself some sample creams from QCS and put them in my stocking.

Pretty good score today for $14.

$20121227_155606.jpg

The 1970 Super Adjustable, which is in the middle, was pretty dirty and I don't think the shop owners even thought it worked. I knew better though. Got it home and cleaned it. All the gunk was really just soap scum and nothing more. There was a couple of scratches on the black handle. The safety bars were undamaged and it doesn't look like the razor had been dropped. Even the numbers on the adjuster are perfect and every position works. The Avon AS were all unopened bottles (spicy, deep woods and tribute).

I picked up Badian EDT earlier today when I was in a L'occitane store. I'm pretty sure that's me done for buying things for a while....

A package arrived today: 2 pucks of DRH Windsor soap, 100 Astra SPs, a Mühle shaving (soap) bowl and a Semogue 620. Now I am properly set for the Year of D R Harris.

Picked this one up new on the net - EJ DE89 in barley chrome. Last pic just a comparison of my training wheels merkur 180 btwn the DE89.
$IMG_20121229_212827.jpg$IMG_20121229_212847.jpg$IMG_20121229_212907.jpg

I can't believe I forgot to post this stuff. This is my Christmas haul this year. Both are excellent soaps in their own right but the Martin de Candre--man, what a soap!

$P1020352.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom