What's new

Acquisitions for December 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this great little razor from member TSV. He is great to do business with. The razor arrived very quickly at my door. Thanks TSV! Photos are a bit grainy because I decided against using the flash.

$20121212_115215.jpg$20121212_115310.jpg

Enjoy it. Ditto on enjoying mine. Makes me feel like Don Draper, or my father. Actually, my father's was the first razor I ever used. When I was 15, I discovered dark wisps of moustache hair at the corners of my mouth. I sprayed out a handful of Gillette Foamy from the can, and proceeded to cut my face up like crazy. I was afraid to use his aftershave. My mother asked me about the wounds, and went out and bought me a Gillette Techmatic, my very first razor (my avatar). I used that for a couple of years till Trac II's came out. Never used DE again till this past May. :w00t:

Got this lot off the bay. The Hoffritz Slant was mint after some scrubbing bubbles and aluminum foil/baking soda. Tried steaming the knots on the red/white brushes. The Ever Ready came out clean. The Adoration melted.:angry: My question to all the guru's out there: What is this Wizard thing? Looks like a scraper that takes DE blades.
$lot.jpg$Hoffritz.jpg$Wizard1.jpg
$Wizard2.jpg

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Nice job on that razor haul!
I have used almost all of those razors at one time or another
The mildest models in my opinion:
All 3 of the non-adjustable twist to open razors (the 40's superspeed is probably the MILDEST of that group)
All of the ball-end Tech razors - the shiniest silver ball end on the last picture is one of my all time favorites

This is an excellent example of YMMV.

Many folks have stated the exact opposite, with the Tech at the mildest end of the scale.
Personally, I get as fine a shave with one as with another and don't really see that much of a difference between them.

Check under the blade cap on the blade base for a number. You can then look up the year of manufacture from the Wiki

Old types are very good shavers. I have a couple that I use regularly

Where specifically? I am not new to razors but can't find a serial number on it. On the underside of the comb it states "Trade Gillette Mark" "Made in U.S.A." but I see no numbers anywhere.

Last edited:
Yeah, it doesn't have that. The brush in the kit says "De Luxe" "Pure Bristles Sterilized." Not that any of that matters, I just noticed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom