What's new

Show your Pelikan M200 series

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
If you've been around the Nib for any length of time you probably know I've got a little thing for Pelikans. It all started with the 140, then a 400, my first modern was an M600 blue striated, then many more vintage. Lots more ... but somewhere along the line I fell in love with the M200. It's the same convenient size as the 400/M400, holds a bunch of ink, piston filler, interchangeable nibs, durable workhorse pen, I mean what else can I say? Posted, they're perfect for me.

So I thought I'd show some of the variations they make, older ones, discontinued ones, and some of the newer ones (many of which I don't own). I'm hoping members will show theirs off a bit too, maybe tell a story behind it. Let's see any M200, M205, M215, and M250, and even some little M100-150 pens. I know you've got 'em out there.

I'll start off with some old-style pens (one piece domed derby) -- an NOS burgundy M250, a well-used M200 blue marble, and another NOS black M250. ~ ca. 1990

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my vintage M200 in Green Marble. Love this pen. I also have a M215 with the rectangular design that is my everyday driver.
$DSCN1069.jpg
And one capped.
$DSCN1067.jpg
This was my first "good" pen that I got off the bay, I didn't realize when I bought it how much I would love it. It is a great writer and with a fine nib, once loaded, it writes forever. I'll try to get some pics of my 215 and add them later. I got it with a M nib and it wrote way too wet, so bought a fine from Richard Binder and it writes like a dream. After he Binderized it though it writes a litte wetter than my M200 fine. Still of all my pens, these two will always be with me.

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Walter, nice pics and a good old green marble. Here's one of mine alongside a Deutsche Telekom variant.

The green is still made, every one is slightly different looking.

Thanks, Doug. They really are gorgeous pens, perfect size, I just love both of mine. Of course I like the M215 a little better, because my daughter bought it for me for my birthday earlier this year. I'll try to get pics of it up tomorrow. That Deutsche Telekom variant is really nice. I picked up the Pelikan leather two pen case when I had the new nib for the 215 re-nibbed. They go to work with me everyday.

Last edited:
Great thread, thanks for posting it! I love that Deutsche Telekom, Doug! I have a black and silver 205 with a broad steel nib that I like very much. The nib writes a nice thick wet line. I will try to post a pic tomorrow.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Here is mine, from the June acquisition thread.

Attachments

• $rsz_june_acq.jpg
    $rsz_june_acq.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 804
My Pelikan M250 - center, between my two M400s. I received this M250 from the seller completely broken in half, as he shipped it in a padded envelope with no protection. I sent it to Germany for warranty repair. They turned it around in two months and it's now as good as new.

$Pelikans.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Here is a black/green combination not seen much. It's the newest style pen, yet pre-fiscal unification (2002, DM 1.95583 = €1). Unused.

The M250 differs from the M200 only by virtue of its 14K gold nib.

Lots of dust, should have wiped it after taking it from the box!

Doug, you sure do have some nice pens. Like you, I have become a huge fan of Pelikans. I will probably restrict my pen acquisitions to Pelikans from this point forward.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Doug, you sure do have some nice pens. Like you, I have become a huge fan of Pelikans. I will probably restrict my pen acquisitions to Pelikans from this point forward.
I am leaning toward that opinion myself, with the exception of a Vacumatic. I don't see myself buying another cartridge pen.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Doug, you sure do have some nice pens.

Thanks! Luckily, I bought most of them a few years ago, back when M200s were $50 new.

I guess in Europe, the drug company reps give away personalized Pelikans to the docs! Googling this guy I found he's a surgeon in Frankfurt. How'd I get his well-used pen?

proxy.php

Some pen folk hate engraved pens. I don't really mind and find it adds a bit of charm to the hobby.

My little lovely M205 blue demo

$20121127_125856.jpg

First pen I have been able to use its small amount of flex with... probably not up to par with real flex probably vintage nibs but it can do it

$20121202_122543.jpg

I've been thinking about one of these. My first Pelikan was a vintage 140 followed quickly by a 400 tortoise. I've been thinking about getting either a M200-serires or a M400 as my first modern Pelikan ... Thanks for the write up and photos!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Brian, I just love my M215 it is a great looking pen and my daily driver.

Pics Brian, we need more pics.

OK, here's one of my all-time favorites! Couldn't forget the tortoises, now could we.

There apparently are two or three versions of the M200 and M250 Tortoise made by Pelikan, this model is among the first (later versions sold by Galeria-Kaufhof had more gold rings here and there). This one sold as an M250 with a nice springy OM nib, but I usually use it with a vintage 400 nib. I figured I could use it daily instead of wearing out my 400 Torties but as it turns out it may be worth about the same now because of its scarcity.

I've got a couple but I love this one's unique twisted look. Fact: M2XX pens have steel clips, others are brass

Wow, that is a nice one Doug!! I have been thinking about looking for a 400 Tortoise, I have not seen the Tortoise in the 200 series. Thank you for sharing all of these great pens with us!

My newest acquisition and my favourite pen so far. I don't own a lot of pens and am fairly new to fp's but this is one that I really love. I love looking at it... I love how the ink splashes around inside it. I like holding it and writing with it.... it writes so smooth and beautifully! I find myself making excuses to write more, just so I can use this pen! :)

M200 special edition demonstrator with M400 Fine Nib
$PC030331.JPG

Top Bottom