What's new

Fatip vs Gillette NEW?

Has anyone out there compared the two heads? It's getting pretty tempting to buy a Fatip, but I already shave with a NEW. If no one out there can answer this, I'll just go ahead and do the comparison myself. Thanks.

It's gonna very a bit, not as dramatic as an R41 but the FaTip has little more bit to it but isn't harsh at all. The head also looks awesome in most custom handles. It's a different flavor of OC than the NEW's.

I had a long comb NEW and I prefer the Fatip. The NEW is supposedly milder than the Fatip, but once you dial the correct blade angle, it's very predictable in its performance. For some reason, I could never seem to find the right angle for the NEW.

The Fatip is going to shave very much like your NEW with a couple of shims in it. They're cheap enough to buy...just own them both.

Fatip is a bit more aggressive than NEW, but very smooth. Works beautifully with the Weber Bulldog handle. (You can gussy 'em up, too. :wink:)

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard the same siren call as of late. Cernel, if you decide to bite I would love to hear what you think of the FaTip.

Last edited:
Will do. Whenever someone posts on B&B about possibly getting a new razor, you pretty much know what happens next.

+2 on the FaTip being more aggressive. Good luck with them. You may want to consider the Cadet open-comb razors as they are very similar to the FaTip and better quality and less expensive.

Top Bottom