What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

Me too. I need to find one I can test somewhere.

I signed up for the testing phase! I know I won't get it, but you gotta try for a chance.

nice looking saddles. I don't think they sell them locally here where I am, so it's a big $ gamble for me.

A long shot, but has anyone tried one of the new type Brooks saddle? I'm a fan of the traditional ones, and this looks pretty nice as well. Plus you wouldn't have to worry so much about it getting wet.

The saddle looks interesting, though the asking price for their current limited edition is too high for me to consider paying. Fortunately, the stock models should be making their way to stores any week now to become readily available. I really like the look of Brooks' leather on a classic bicycle and I'm not sure exactly how well this rubber and cotton mix is going to mesh. I'd love to see and try one out, so long as the price is right.

brucered, unfortunately those testers were chosen several months ago.

After giving up biking for ten years due to hand numbness and a sore butt, I got a trike...........

proxy.php

Interesting looking machine. How does it handle compared to a two-wheeled bike?

It's def more inefficient than a diamond frame but it keeps me on the road. I did a 100 a coupla weeks after getting it which would have been impossible for me on a diamond frame. I came in last, but I finished......

I have a cross-country trip on my Bucket List, probably the Northern Tier. I just completed an Appalachian Trail thruhike this year so I am a nut for long-distance stuff.

After giving up biking for ten years due to hand numbness and a sore butt, I got a trike...........

proxy.php

Super cool bike! I imagine that is similar to what my father in law rides, based on his description. I know his is a trike with 2 in the front 1 in the rear, and is a fairly high end machine I think. He gets a lot of use out of it, using it to commute to work in Sioux Falls, SD for a good chunk of the year. I have never seen pictures of it though.

Since when did Diet Coke become the replenisher of cycling athletes?

I know that you said this in jest, but pro riders are well known to enjoy flat (regular) cokes during the final parts of a race. The combination of sugar and caffeine is great for a last minute boost and it's a welcome change to whatever else they've been drinking to hydrate along the way.

Yeah I was just giving him some grief. I say drink whatever makes you feel good.

ChinMisic: Did you take any pictures of you Appalachian trip? That's some beautiful terrain.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
20 year old Rock Lobster cyclocross frame ridden singlespeed for the last seven years. Tufo tubulars, low-flange Campy wheelset, misc. spare parts.

Top Bottom