What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

This week's ride. SS/MTB. Mechanics special by me. 27lbs. as it sits with 2.4" tires and a steel frame!

proxy.php

I call this bike the "Lumberjacks axe" due to having been through so many changes but is still the same old bike. Kinda like the axe that's had 3 handles and 2 heads but is still the same old axe, lol! This is a 1990's Marin steel MTB frame that was originally fully rigid. I did modify the frame a bit by taking just over 3/8" off the head tube!

If anyone wants I can list the current build spec of this conglomeration of brands present here! It's a long one! Completely built by me including the wheels.

-Xander

I posted a week or two ago that I had started to ride again, but was slogging it on my old steel frame mountain bike. Well, that pig kicked my butt, so it was time to upgrade. I went with a brand new 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 flat bar road bike/hybrid after checking out the comparable Giants, Treks, and Diamond Backs. Because it was last year's model, I got it at a huge discount, and less than the "lesser" model 2014 bike. This thing makes my old mountain bike feel like it was nailed to the street.

Cheers!

proxy.php

Legion

Staff member
I commuted home tonight behind a guy who had a set of these installed.

http://revolights.com/

Man, they are awesome! I so want a set, turns you into Tron! Any motorist that hits you at night with these things on is aiming for you.

I commuted home tonight behind a guy who had a set of these installed.

http://revolights.com/

Man, they are awesome! I so want a set, turns you into Tron! Any motorist that hits you at night with these things on is aiming for you.

I've never seen those before. They do look cool, and seem reasonably priced. The only thing I would worry about is going through puddles and mud,

I've never seen those before. They do look cool, and seem reasonably priced. The only thing I would worry about is going through puddles and mud,

I saw them on Shark Tank or Dragons Den, when the owners were trying to raise money for them.

Too gimicky for me and I'd also be worried about water (water resistant is not waterproof). Not to mention, everywhere I ride at night or early morning, is surrounded by lights.

Are those original Mag wheels?! I haven't seen a RedLine PL-24 in nearly 20 years! Sweet ride! How old is it? Looks to be in fantastic shape and the gum wall tires really look good on there as well!

Nice ride!

I always wanted a chrome Redline, but used a Kuwahara for my BMX freestyle days....and a Vision Mark Gonzales for my skateboard needs.

Last edited:
Are those original Mag wheels?! I haven't seen a RedLine PL-24 in nearly 20 years! Sweet ride! How old is it? Looks to be in fantastic shape and the gum wall tires really look good on there as well!

Nice ride!

Thanks guys , it's an 83 or 84 . All original , I did add the period wheels and the seat and pad set were nos before installing . Kinda heavy , but a solid cruiser

Man, kinda glad I missed that thread, haven't rocked spoke cards since I gave up racing alley cats and decided to cut my collection down to my favorite rides. Down to just 3 right now (still a couple frames hanging around just in case), a far cry from 30 at one point!

Anyone have anything their building right now? I've got an old Vitus frame in the stand now that I'm building up for the wife. Took years to find a decent vintage frame in her size, she's only 4'11" tall. I'll post some pics up soon.

How did I just notice this? I used to be a mechanic, and my garage still resembles a LBS. I'll take some pics and get some of my bikes on here soon.

How did I just notice this? I used to be a mechanic, and my garage still resembles a LBS. I'll take some pics and get some of my bikes on here soon.

Always good to know there are other former wrenches here! What was your specialty? Mine was high end vintage race bikes, mostly road, both collecting and as a mechanic.

Top Bottom