What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

The Sunday ride. Saturday it is one seat shorter. Monday to Friday it's a single seater.
My stokers are small but awesome.
$IMG_00001735.jpg

It certainly takes a while to get used to riding a noseless saddle, but well worth the time.
With a normal saddle going out for a small 40km ride I would be in pain for a week or so afterwards, with this one, zero pain.

Can't comment on moonsaddle vs Brooks, as I haven't tried a Brooks. But from the moment I sat on the moonsaddle I knew that it was the right one for me.

The best thing, from the warranty section of Moonsaddle

Better picture of the saddle

View attachment 386278

Standard disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Moonsaddle or any of its subsidiaries, just a very happy customer :thumbsup:

That saddle looks more comfortable than your every day paper thin saddle

I'm going to have to get some pics of my DH/AM frame set on here before it hits the auction block. I hate selling bikes, but I've realized I'm not going to finish building this thing.

We'll see if anyone here has ever seen one before...!

Here's mine, taken in Jan 2014, 2500 miles on it so far this year. Hoping for a couple hundred more before the year is up (around the same frozen lake ).
$GiantOCR3Lake.jpg

Not bad at all. I really must take pics of mine at some point.

I could probably root out my old pics of the motorized bicycle I built and drove around for about a year if you guys want?

My winter project is restoring my fathers 1972 Schwinn Super Sport that he bought when he was 14. I am really looking forward to working on it with him. Instead of going with modern upgrades, we want this to be a true restoration build. I ordered new gumwall tires and grip tape for it today.

My winter project is restoring my fathers 1972 Schwinn Super Sport that he bought when he was 14. I am really looking forward to working on it with him. Instead of going with modern upgrades, we want this to be a true restoration build. I ordered new gumwall tires and grip tape for it today.

That sounds like a very neat project.

Please post some pics of the build if you can :thumbup:

Sweet ride!!

Is that the discoloration from the welds coming through a somewhat clear paint? or is it painted to make it look that way? Either way, I like it :thumbup1:

Also, this is going to sound like a rather stupid question given your username, but I assume that bike sees some track time?

That is a candy green over a raw finish so the weld burn shows through. It doesn't see nearly enough track time unfortunately. The closest one to me is 100 miles away.

Sweet ride!!

Is that the discoloration from the welds coming through a somewhat clear paint? or is it painted to make it look that way? Either way, I like it :thumbup1:

Also, this is going to sound like a rather stupid question given your username, but I assume that bike sees some track time?

I think I'm bordering on "old guy" but I have a 7 year old and I just got him a 20" bike for Christmas. In 1980 I had a generic bike with a banana seat at his age. The cool kids in the neighborhood had BMX bikes (I recall Mongoose was one of the good brands back then). I see quite a few folks over 20 yrs old riding small bikes in Denver. I have an easy question... is there attraction to 20" bikes for those who are not riding on tracks or half pipes? Just curious.

I think I'm bordering on "old guy" but I have a 7 year old and I just got him a 20" bike for Christmas. In 1980 I had a generic bike with a banana seat at his age. The cool kids in the neighborhood had BMX bikes (I recall Mongoose was one of the good brands back then). I see quite a few folks over 20 yrs old riding small bikes in Denver. I have an easy question... is there attraction to 20" bikes for those who are not riding on tracks or half pipes? Just curious.

Here is my '80 Team Mongoose! :001_cool: To answer your question, since I was a kid, I've only been into 20" bikes. Never ridden MTB or road bikes at all. I just like the look and feel I guess. I also never got into freestyle. When it exploded in the mid 80's, I lost interest and turned my focus on being a musician. I got "back in the game" around '93 and started racing sporadically just for the love of it. I then got the vintage restoration bug and have to date finished about a dozen bikes, including the one below.

Attachments

• $Goose.jpg
    $Goose.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 103
Here is my '80 Team Mongoose! :001_cool: To answer your question, since I was a kid, I've only been into 20" bikes. Never ridden MTB or road bikes at all. I just like the look and feel I guess. I also never got into freestyle. When it exploded in the mid 80's, I lost interest and turned my focus on being a musician. I got "back in the game" around '93 and started racing sporadically just for the love of it. I then got the vintage restoration bug and have to date finished about a dozen bikes, including the one below.

Just as I remember! Ahhhhhhhhh, Public School! :thumbup1:

I have an easy question... is there attraction to 20" bikes for those who are not riding on tracks or half pipes? Just curious.

I was going to ask the same thing. Interested in knowing why a 20" over other larger sizes if not racing or doing tricks.

Top Bottom