What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

I don't think I've posted this in here… So here is one of my steeds. This is the first bike I have built from scratch. Found some type of Schwinn on Craigslist for $40 that had about 6 coats of paint on it and some vinyl letters that spelled schwinn. I pulled the junk components off, sanded, primed, and painted the frame. Bought a Velo wheel set and promptly removed the stickers. I was a sucker and bought some white tires (now gray). At some point this spring I'll spring for a pair of continental tires. Rebuilt the bottom bracket, put on a new crank and chain and voila! She rides like a dream, just took some getting used to never coasting, and my first couple hills were a nightmare!

View attachment 406173View attachment 406175

Nice build. Very clean. Love them classic schwinns. Got one myself.

So I'm a newb to the site. And was just cruising around and came across this. Thought I would chime in with my two red heads. I have my daily commuter which is a 1980 Scwhinn Letour. I stripped it down to bare frame repainted the frame and built it back up into a singlespeed/fixed gear. Had a old set of bull horns that I wrapped up with a custom 8 plait braid as the bar wrap. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393905400.333005.jpg
My other lady is a 90's Rodriguez it was given to me by a lady who husband had passed away and she wanted to see it go to someone who would enjoy it and ride. Did my first half and metric century on it.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393905910.409498.jpg

Here's my commuter. It's a Trek 1220 that I inherited when my Uncle passed. It's a little unusual in that it basically has a mountain bike gearing setup on it with the triple and smaller chainrings (Shimano RSX).

I also have a Bianchi Trofeo that I bought new in 1996 as a college graduation present to myself. It was quite an upgrade from the Walmart special I was using. I've since upgraded everything on it to better Campy stuff (Chorus and Centaur 9 speed) and Mavic CXP-33 wheels. I've put many saddles on it over the years, but the Selle San Marco Slim that came with the Bianchi is still my favorite saddle. I'll see if I can take a quick pic of the Bianchi and post it tomorrow.

$IMG_20130530_091919.jpg

$IMG_20140309_164905.jpg

Last edited:
I don't own a bike but if I did I'd want this German made one:D

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1395032093577.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1395032093577.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 246
For any Candian cyclist interested in Brooks Saddles...MEC now carries them which is HUGE.

free shipping, free returns and Rock Solid Guarantee.

they only have a couple but its exciting news and now we csan handle and try them before committing.

Last year I splurged on an "entry level" Garmin Edge at the start of the year for my commutes and I may do the same this year with a new saddle to replace my stock.

$145, but man is it ever sexy looking.

B17 Narrow in Brown...

$5036-654_BRN00_view1_720x720.jpg

Last edited:
Im curious to see how many people here are into cycling and thought this could be a good place to show off you bike. I have a few different types but my main one is a Trek Remedy as seen in the pic, its not a high quality pic so I hope it comes out okay!
Im quite passionate about all types of cycling but mainly mountain bikes and BMX, so here goes, show us your steed!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395797071.199509.jpg

It's spring time which means the snow has almost melted leaving behind a bunch of nasty garbage on the road. Switched my tires this week for a bit more protection from road debris.

Nothing new bike wise, just a couple of pics of the MTB while out camping at Murray Bridge.

Thinking about swapping the bars for some trekking bars, any thoughts?

I got my daughter a new Specialized Allez a couple weeks ago. After her first ride she wa amazed at how much more comfortable and easier to ride it was compared to her old Department Store brand bike that weighed probably over 30 pounds. Here is a picture of my family's bikes. (all but 2 of them are mine lol).

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 159
Nice pickup for your daughter. Specialized makes a sweet bike and a Rockhopper was my first real MTB.

We started early with buying Bike Store bikes over big box. Too many advantages to name but here's a few...

Better service, components, lighter and better rides as they are put together by pros, fitted properly and come with better warranty and usually a free year of service and tweaks. Not to mention, some of the cost can be recouped on resale.

We just picked up a Ghost Powerkid24 from MEC. It is equipped with hydraulic breaks, rapid fire shifters and his first geared bike for our 9y old boy.

I've been buying from the bike store since I was a kid so hope to pass on my love of bikes and riding to them. It seems to be working!

$uploadfromtaptalk1398646376202.jpg

Last edited:
I completely agree with you about buying from an actual bike shop. I raced for 2 years for one of the local shops. My wife wasn't completely convinced for our daughter initially though. Once she got her bike and has done multiple rides with me every week (to include a 17 mile ride last week) and she asks just about every day to go and ride more my wife was convinced. We never could get her to ride her old bike. I personally have 2 Treks (Madone road bike and Speed Concept Time Trial/Triathlon) and a Specialized S-Works Venge. I ride each of them at least once a week. Now that the weather has gotten better I am riding at a minimum 130 miles a week.

Just upgraded my MTB from a 2005 Giant Trance³ to a 2014 Specialized Epic Comp Carbon 29er. Broke it in yesterday on a short maiden 8 mile ride. It is about half the weight and handles beautifully. Going to be a joy to ride. $uploadfromtaptalk1398648624315.jpg

Andy, who makes that saddle? How do you like it? My Litespeed needs a new place to plant my butt (I broke both rails on a 14-year old Selle Italia over the winter while my bike was mounted a on trainer).

Nothing new bike wise, just a couple of pics of the MTB while out camping at Murray Bridge.

Thinking about swapping the bars for some trekking bars, any thoughts?

Top Bottom