What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

I dug the bike out last week and got her all cleaned and prepped for the spring, THEN it drops 15 degrees and snows all weekend! It was ALMOST the end of winter there for a minute. Oh well, picked up some pint sized 'milk crates' at the dollar store and a new frame bag and pump. Ready to roll as soon as the weather cooperates.
$20150330_144617.jpg

Maybe it's a personal preference thing, but I can't sing enough the praises of a CO2 tire pump solution over those small frame pumps.

I recently bought a 2014 Trek 7.2. I just rode it for my morning commute into work for the first time this morning (5.5 miles). Will post pics soon.

Spring is here, roads are drying up, tires are freshly inflated, I'll be commuting via pedal again soon.

Much earlier start then the crummy spring last year.

I haven't had to use mine yet, but I hear they are only temp air and you should fill with air when you get to a pump.

Yep, are only good to get you out of trouble.
But is good enough to solve until you get home and use a full size pump.
I had left C02 in one tube to see how long it lasts, and it was ok until the next day, but wouldn't leave it any longer than that.

Update:

The obvious - now 1x8. Subtle change - less knobby tires actually climb and turn better at my clay single track.

Last edited:
+1
A big fan of C02 inflators, makes things soooo much easier :thumbsup:

But always carry an extra spare cartridge, just incase the first one is bad (found that out the hard way :blushing: )

I always carry two also. Tip: put rubber bands around them to keep them from clinking together when you ride.

Also: this CO2 pump: Genuine Innovations at Walmart, you can buy the cheap CO2 carts intended for airsoft guns (also available at Walmart, just in the sporting goods/gun aisle) and use those. You need to put a penny in the bottom first, but then they work 100%. Much cheaper than the bike ones.

Finally: Jerseys I just bought: THIS and THIS from Amazon. Both under $15 and both quality. I've worn them both this season, and they are both well made and comfortable. Both are a relaxed cut, perfect for a 40-something like me who isn't exactly svelte.

Those are good looking jerseys. I'm too old to be wearing the skin tight spandex ones, but still wear the looser fitting types from MEC and elsewhere in plan colors or with minimal design. If only I could still pull off my one piece spandex cycling attire.

I need to update some this year.

Last edited:
I've never worn anything but a cotton t-shirt when riding, but next ride will be different. I found a Motobecane jersey (and new pedals) in my mailbox when I got home from today's ride. I'm expecting to knock 10 mins off my ride. Sound about right? My sister is into the big graphics on her jersey, and she's been trying to get me into spandex for a couple years. I found it easy to resist with the body fat percentage steadily rising.

Here she is in all her glory. Entering her 10th year of service. I haven't changed one component since I built it up. Got it right the first time. Today was the first ride of the year. Thought I was going to get blown over at one point. Kept it short and relatively flat.

$image.jpg

Top Bottom