What's new

QCS Coconut Shave Cream

I just tried the new QCS Coconut Shave Cream for the first time today. Let me start this review by giving you some background. i have been DE Shaving since June 2012. I have used the following:

TOBS Almond Shave Cream
D.R. Harris Marlborough Shave Cream
Proraso Red Shave Cream
Cella Shave Soap

Today's set up was:
Italy: Floid Pre-Shave Gel
England: Simpson #46 "Berkley" Best Badger Shaving Brush
USA: Gillette 1960 Fat Boy Set @5
USA: QCS Coconut Shave Cream
Russia: Astra Razor Blade
Italy: RazoRock Alum Stick

USA:Krampert's Bay Rum AS

The Review:
The first thing that I noticed when I opened the tub was the scent. It has a very strong, sweet, pleasant scent. It is a hard cream (nothing like my other creams), more like Cella. So I loaded my brush as if I was using an Italian Soft Soap (using Marco's Method) and went to work building lather on my face. I was easily able to build enough lather for all three passes, The lather was slick and had nice cushion (Protection). I had no nicks, cuts or irritation. An overall excellent shave.
I also must add that it pairs very well with a Bay Rum After Shave.​

Just got my tub of coconut as well. I too have only used softer creams, what is the Marco method if I may ask?

Thanks. I figured it involved loading from the tub, but Marco's detailed instructions will help with this morning's shave. The scent on the coconut is great, looking forward to checking the true flavor & performance once lathered.

Thanks. I figured it involved loading from the tub, but Marco's detailed instructions will help with this morning's shave. The scent on the coconut is great, looking forward to checking the true flavor & performance once lathered.

How did you find the performance compared to the Coconut offerings of the big brands?

How did you find the performance compared to the Coconut offerings of the big brands?

That's what I was wondering. I have the QCS Mysore Sandalwood, and it's pretty good. But the coconut I have is Trumper's, which I love and find easier to lather.

This is the only Coconut product I own, so I can't compare to any other. I can only say that the scent is wonderful and the lather it produces is excellent. It was slick and protective. I have tried TOBS and D.R.Harris creams and find QCS performed much better for me.
YMMV :001_smile

The QCS is the only coconut sc I have as well. It is quite strong compared to their mysore sandalwood cream, while still smelling rather natural. No funky tanning butter smell, I rather like it.

Top Bottom