What's new

Beastly 7/8" W&B question.

At an antique store I found a great deal on what i believe is a 7/8" Wade and Butcher quarter hollow. If i am able to get it shave ready, is there anything significantly different in how it shaves? The largest straight that i have used is a 6/8', and have only used a full/extra hollow. I assume as long as attention is paid it should be fine, but i am just curious if there are any tricks to using this beast. Any help would be much appreciated.

the weight of it will surprise you.

you won't hear a thing when you shave coming from the razor

if doing an HHT, the "ping" you otherwise hear will not exist

you'll feel all the more manly shaving with a solid chunk of steel instead of a pansy dainty piece of stiff foil :lol:

just give it a go once shave ready... the tell us what you think!
Will do, i'll give it a try tomorrow night and see how it performs.

the weight of it will surprise you.

you won't hear a thing when you shave coming from the razor

if doing an HHT, the "ping" you otherwise hear will not exist

you'll feel all the more manly shaving with a solid chunk of steel instead of a pansy dainty piece of stiff foil :lol:

While honing i realized it was very quiet, and then stropping it was eerily quiet, but it wasn't until i "plucked" it with a fingernail that i realized it is going to be a weird shave if for no other reason than how quiet it is going to be. I must admit that holding my 5/8" does feel pretty manly...probably a little less once I bare this giant hunk of steel against my throat. It's kind of awesome, even with the very rough condition that my W&B is in, it still looks fairly amazing.

Oh such a cute noobie learning to shave ;) Sorry for reviving this, just thought it was n interesting thing to see these years later

Top Bottom