What's new

Shaving innovations I would like to see in 2013. How about you?

1] I would like the biotech industry to produce a badger the size of a Great Dane and having only 2-band hair. Imagine a giant beast with soft tips and plenty of backbone!
2] I would like some southeast Asian country to begin replicating the quality Gillette razors we have learned to love.
3] I would like the word "croap" to be incorporated into the Oxford Dictionary of the English Language.
4] I would like to see a shaving cream with an unidentifiable and off-putting scent called Acqua de Hudson River.
5] I would like to see horse-hair brushes banned for sentimental reasons - they are probably the ones I bet on.
6] I would like a real pot-metal razor - it gets you stoned when you shave with it.
7] I would like to see B&B ban threads such as "what is your brush today?" and "what is your razor today?" or "what do you use on Timor Tuesday or Weishii Wednesday?"

So, what would you like to see? :sneaky2:

I want to see the newest Gillette multi-cartridge thing. I've heard it has 12 blades, a lubricating strip that is 3 inches wide. 18 lifting fins and battery power to make it vibrate. I've also heard they put an MP3 player in the newest one...

I would like to see DE razors starting to show up in local retail stores. It would be a sign that this little movement of ours is gaining some traction.

:lol: Great idea for a thread.

Seriously though:
I would like Thiers Issard to finally make a straight razor that has a built in lubricating strip.
I would like to see some "mass" produced brush handles that mirror the old Ever-Ready designs but can handle bigger knots.
I would like to see modern DE blade companies offering bulk blades in the no-wrapper sliding cases that Gillette Super Blue blades use to come in.
I would like for someone to design an empirical repeatable test for measuring overall lather performance.
I would like for Lilac Vegetal to be marketed as a liquid specifically designed to test the performance of kitty litter.
I would like to see a company offer affordable soap containers that have a rougher texture on the inside so that the last little bit of soap doesn't slide around endlessly in the bowl.

CONUS suppliers that ship AS to Australia.... Seriously, what's up with THAT? Is Elliot Ness still monitoring alcohol movement THAT closely...!?

1] I would like the biotech industry to produce a badger the size of a Great Dane and having only 2-band hair. Imagine a giant beast with soft tips and plenty of backbone!

Oh, God help us. You are serious aren't you? Don't you realize how vicious that normal badgers are!

Oh, the horror! The carnage! Tis not worth the perfect shaving brush animal.

"6] I would like a real pot-metal razor - it gets you stoned when you shave with it."
I am the wrong person to ask but could you even shave stoned?

All I want is to have some modern company make a nice Slant.
I don't know if one is in the works, but let's cross our fingers and hope!

Slants made of brass that are open comb.

Injectors re marketed towards the current generation as an extreme luxury shaving tool.

"6] I would like a real pot-metal razor - it gets you stoned when you shave with it."
I am the wrong person to ask but could you even shave stoned?

Sure you could! I do it all the time.

What I wanna see is Weishi or some other similar company start replicating other razors besides just the super speed. Like, I want a weishi adjustable... Maybe a nice cheap weishi tech. I also wanna see this stuff show up in local stores(and not just the blades, or the occasional shaving soap found in pharmacies). I would LOVE for Gillette to make their DE razors again, but I doubt that'll ever happen. I'd also like to see a wider selection. Most sites I've looked at seem to have all the same stuff for the most part, with a few variations here and there, and then foreign sites have all kinds of other stuff that never shows up on the US sites. I wanna see more of that stuff make its way stateside, like the Russian-made slim adjustable copy.

Last edited:
I want to see the newest Gillette multi-cartridge thing. I've heard it has 12 blades, a lubricating strip that is 3 inches wide. 18 lifting fins and battery power to make it vibrate. I've also heard they put an MP3 player in the newest one...
and no need for speaker as the tunes could be transmitted through the cranial bone structure to teach correct angle :)

Top Bottom