What's new

Best way to rotate 2 brushes

How do you go about checking for wettage?

In my book, a brush is completely dry when the core is dry as well.

Reading the numerous posts about non hobyist wet shavers only using a single brush for years, I guess drying is not really that important. The fact that it get's soaped and rinsed on a daily basis probably prevents mould as much as drying would.

Of course drying is a good excuse for SBAD but I am quite immune to that.

In my book, a brush is completely dry when the core is dry as well.

Reading the numerous posts about non hobyist wet shavers only using a single brush for years, I guess drying is not really that important. The fact that it get's soaped and rinsed on a daily basis probably prevents mould as much as drying would.

Of course drying is a good excuse for SBAD but I am quite immune to that.

How do you check the core?

I'd rather not finger my brush that deep.

Sounds like you need more brushes. I convinced myself that my brushes don't dry completely in two months so...

Haha. Im up to seven (1 for everyday of the week) myself but I still worry about dampness. Another one or two may be needed.

Nothing scary, it just can be a little moist. If you spread a bit, it does not hurt.

Because I face lather I dislike excessive splaying and I already have a chubby 3. Therefore I don't feel comfortable spreading it even a bit in fear of it starting to spread further.

But I'll do it once this afternoon. It'll have been 24 hours since I shaved. Lets see.

Don't fret about it and just use the two every other day as you are now, or if you are a bit worried, buy a third brush.

You might want to try drying your brushes by running them over a microfiber towel for a minute or so after use. It is pretty amazing how much moisture they absorb. They are very inexpensive and have a great variety of uses. I use mine to dry my boar brushes and they are ready for use the next day.

Top Bottom