What's new

Muhle Silvertip Fiber my only brush?

Well today just did it for me.

This morning while lathering I realized this Silvertip Fiber brush just does everything better for me.

It is going to be my only brush.

Looks like I'll be selling my horse hair brushes in the near future.

I am considering this, in spite of just receiving a Shavemac LE brush 2-3 days ago. I've slowly come to the realization over the past few months that I just don't really dig badger no matter the hair type, loft, density. I've gone through quite a few and this Shavemac LE was the final piece of the puzzle for me, everyone seems to love the D01 knots and I finally tried one and just find it...meh. On the other hand I love my boars to death and my fondness for quality synthetics is growing. I am considering liquidating all of my badgers and using the funds to fill out my boar and synthetic collections...I could probably get 2-4 to 1 ratio.

I own a very good, way too expensive (for a grooming item) badger brush. I only use my Silvertip Fibres nowadays. Mühle created a brush that finished the need to use animal hair in shaving brushes - completely. And they keep making it even better. Beautiful, too.

Does anybody use a Jagger synth? How does it stack up against the Muhle, is it similar? Are they one and the same or is one a better performer? Thanks.

I just got two Muhle synthetics today in the 21 mm size. I noticed that one says "Silvertip Fibre" and the other says "Synthetik Synthetic" below "Made in Germany". The hair looks exactly the same to me. Does anyone know what it says on the V2 brushes?

How does one spot the "v2" brushes versus the "v1" older stock? Anyone have a link to a merchant selling a "v2" brush so that everyone can see the latest-and-greatest model for sale?

I've never used a synthetic but it sounds like these things are getting better and better.

How does one spot the "v2" brushes versus the "v1" older stock? Anyone have a link to a merchant selling a "v2" brush so that everyone can see the latest-and-greatest model for sale?

I've never used a synthetic but it sounds like these things are getting better and better.

+1
Can't seem to find the distinction on the Muhle website either...does that mean that V1 is discontinued in favour of V2?

The brush on the left is one I turned and put in a Muhle 23mm knot with the loft set at 50/52mm. I couldn't be more pleased with it's performance. It's soft, dense and just makes gobs of lather. BTW, it's Muhle's new fiber. The one on the right has a 23mm Shavemac finest at 48mm.

upload photos

The brush on the left is one I turned and put in a Muhle 23mm knot with the loft set at 50/52mm. I couldn't be more pleased with it's performance. It's soft, dense and just makes gobs of lather. BTW, it's Muhle's new fiber. The one on the right has a 23mm Shavemac finest at 48mm.

That is some great work!

Im wanting to purchase a Muhle Fibre dont know which size to go to. 19mm or 21mm.
Im looking for a good travel brush,from what ive read a 19mm will do,but do i go with a 21mm and have a all round brush for home as well.
Id like to see a picture of these fibre brushes say with a Quarter beside it to gauge size,anyone out there willing to take some pics that way with a 19mm and 21mm.

After reading this thread, I ordered the Muhle STF in 23mm knot. It arrived this week and I used it for the first time last night. I'm completely sold on it as a go to and possibly only brush. The thing's a lather monster, making gobs of thick creamy foam with very little cream. And more than any natural hair brush I've used, it transfers that cream to your skin pass after pass. It's the anti-hog.

The only question I have is the so-called "floppiness/backbone" issue. Is the shorter loft version significantly firmer? I'm just wondering about impressions from those who've tried the various knot sizes.

I've got the 21mm knot and it is not floppy at all. And keep in mind I'm a face-latherer. Compared to all my former "natural" brushes it is quite firm. BTW you're right about the Muhle STF being an anti-hog. It gives up the foam easy.

I have two synthetics, a Muhle and a H.I.S. I shortened the loft on both and it definitely changes the feel of the brushes.

I have two synthetics, a Muhle and a H.I.S. I shortened the loft on both and it definitely changes the feel of the brushes.

The Muhle V2 and the H.I.S. are 4th generation fibers and they are more tolerant of shorter lofting than the older generations where you needed more loft to achieve enough flexibility to make good lather and for it to feel more like a natural product. These fibers are much better in face lathering.

As to size, I have always preferred synthetics larger than 20 mm due to the amount of lather they can generate and hold.

The older Muhle brushes and some of the other versions were good but these new ones are better.

Enjoy them!

Top Bottom