What's new

first shave with MUHLE R 41 GRANDE.

I'M A SURGEON SINCE 1993. good hands,almost 9000 hours "on surgery table".i wet shaving since september 2012, with fatboy,parker 99r,futur.
today i saw a diference for samll fireguns and a powerfull firegun ,like a 357.
wow, great powerfull but small moviments are must, men...
two passes with tabac soap and the last with latoja foaming, two cuts,small, no bleeding.
a pleasant work,not for kids.
after shave proraso pre/post .
men and the boys,the diference is here, muhle r41

Glad you like the R41, I use the Fatip and LOVE it. I plan on buying the R41 for myself as my Christmas gift from the grand-kids, they always give grandpa money. Can't wait, LOL!!

Happy Shaving DOC, and hope I don't see you in the operating room, I hate surgeries. LOL

I'M A SURGEON SINCE 1993. good hands,almost 9000 hours "on surgery table".i wet shaving since september 2012, with fatboy,parker 99r,futur.
today i saw a diference for samll fireguns and a powerfull firegun ,like a 357.
wow, great powerfull but small moviments are must, men...
two passes with tabac soap and the last with latoja foaming, two cuts,small, no bleeding.
a pleasant work,not for kids.
after shave proraso pre/post .
men and the boys,the diference is here, muhle r41

Treat your R41 like a straight razor (stretch your skin well) and you can get an exceptional shave with little to no irritation.

I love my BRW custom R41 and would not part with it for any amount of $$$

proxy.php

I've read all the reviews. Seen the B&B wiki about razor aggressiveness but I cannot comprehend how the r41 is aggressive.

Is it because the tip of the blade protrudes outside of the razor much more than a medium aggressive razor?

I've read all the reviews. Seen the B&B wiki about razor aggressiveness but I cannot comprehend how the r41 is aggressive.

Is it because the tip of the blade protrudes outside of the razor much more than a medium aggressive razor?

I don't know, but I sure wish I had one to find out. Oh well one-day I'll get one, just not today nor tomorrow. LOL

Yes. If you think of a line tangent to the cap and the guard, the blade sticks out more past that tangent line. This does a few things. It broadens the range of usable angles (both shallow and steep), and also supports the blade less. At typical shaving angles (30 degree blade angle), there is very little "guidance" from the cap and guard on the R41. This really magnifies any errors in pressure.

The R41 is one fine DE. Congrats on the success with yours. I'm sure that as a surgeon you have the nice light touch needed with the R41.

The R41 is Freddy Krueger's Daily Shaver :eek:/ all though its a fine shaver, its not worth the Terror and time associated when shaving with the R41 with a Super Sharp Feather Blade in it.

What worked for me better was a Cold water shave and an Astra SP Blade . Worked out alot better, but i still prefer something alot less aggressive :eek:)

Last edited:
All this renewed talk about the R41 and the fact I pulled both of mine out for a "portrait" made me want to move one of them up in the rotation to today's shave.

Darn glad that I did too.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

I just got a TREMENDOUS BBS in 2 passes with my R41 and fresh Gillette Silver Blue blade. I can't imagine anything better!

Top Bottom