What's new

There's Chimay Grand Reserve (Bleue) And Then There's Everything Else

I prefer the Chimay Tripel (white) over the Reserve and Premiere. But they are all solid beers.

If you haven't tried the Rochefort beers yet, you'll probably enjoy them.

La Fin Du Monde. This is an incredible beer. Those Canucks at Unibroue really know their work. Those Belgian styles are awesome.

Cheers, Todd

Chimay Blue is excellent. Although not a Belgian Strong Ale I think St. Bernardus Abt 12 is another amazing Belgian beer.

Chimay Blue is fantastic, but my favorite Belgian strong dark ale at the moment has to be Unibroue 17 Grande Reserve. The aging in French oak adds a wonderful complementary layer of complexity to an already great brew.

For us: Pilsener, Czech Republic; Lager, Germany; Ale, Great Britain; all else, Belgium the most innovative and the greatest variety. Westvleteren especially the 12 was an outstanding Trappist and Westmalle and Rochefort. We were told that they (the Trappists) are not monks to brew but they brew to be monks. We again thank all those who provided input to our questions about their countries and cities and contributing/increasing our enjoyment of same.

A little Chimay love from last year. Rough picture. We still have the double magnum. It's planned for a New Years party this year.

proxy.php

A little Chimay love from last year. Rough picture. We still have the double magnum. It's planned for a New Years party this year.

Wow, DogHair... that 750mL bottles looks so tiny in comparison! One could get into a lot of trouble (or fun!) with that much Chimay...

Are there better beers? Sure. Is there a better beer at a time, absolutely.

Chimay Blue is a consistent beer, though, and a consistent darn good beer. I have had some awesome beers that blow Chimay out of the water, but if you want to know what to order, let's say if you are on a layover and get stranded in Phoenix, or Topeka, or Tulsa, this is a solid choice.

I've been getting the 25oz bottles at the local Costco for $9 each since the holiday season started and loving it.

There is this small like hole in the wall trappist pub here locally that I just discovered a few months ago. They offer a great variety of niche beers. They have several Chimays on their list and they are amazing. Love these types of beers.

Top Bottom