What's new

Leather aprons

This may sound like an odd question, but does anyone have a well made leather apron? Something along the lines as the one in this video. I've been wanting to find one for whenever I do small projects such as shining shoes, reloading ammo, woodworking, etc. Appreciate any direction.

I did not see you video that you posted so I do not know what you specifically want, but you may want to try a local mom and pop welding supply shop as obviously welders need them.

This may sound like an odd question, but does anyone have a well made leather apron? Something along the lines as the one in this video. I've been wanting to find one for whenever I do small projects such as shining shoes, reloading ammo, woodworking, etc. Appreciate any direction.

it's funny you started this thread. I was actually looking for the very same thing to use for shoe shining purposes :thumbup:, but it would also be nice to have for cleaning my rifles

Lee valley has some:
(shhhhh...they usually have free shipping around December 22 to January 3 :wink:)

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=32079&cat=1,43413,45989

They also have other canvas models that could do the trick.

Great place to shop for woodworkers and gardeners.

They have exceptional service and should really be checked out.

You can get three 200 page color catalogs for free just by calling them (one for woodworking tools, one for gardening and kitchen tools, and one for hardware).

Usual disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with them, just a huge fan.

Thanks for the ideas. I found this one, but it's pretty expensive: http://www.mooreandgiles.com/shop/capps-leather-work-apron-virginia/

$375 for an apron?

:blink::blink::blink:

If your heart is set on that particular apron, take pictures to your local cobbler and I'm sure you could make one for waaaaaay cheaper. You might want to look into shoulder straps instead of a single neck strap, they are much more comfortable.

Going this route keeps money local too.

About a dozen years ago I got a donkey hide (more durable) apron custom ordered from the local cobbler for wood working. It cost me about $40-$50.

It fits great, but it is just too darn hot (down below).

I seldom wear it now. I use an old lab coat with the pockets removed to keep them from filling with sawdust and debris.

I may have one. PM me and when I get home I will get a pic to you. If it's what you want, then I am sure we can come up with a good price...for you that is. Maybe even a trade.

Allow me to resurrect this thread to answer the question. I just received the 'shop apron' from Virginia based North Star Leather Co. (www.northstarleather.com) It's 74.95 and has a smooth finish in black, dark brown or tan. The neck strap is adjustable and the ties are sufficiently long to provide a front tie if desired. I have the dark brown and it looks like the ones I've seen for hundreds more. This does have a seam up the middle that I'm guessing the expensive models don't. Fits the bill as a shoe shine apron perfectly. jim

Top Bottom