What's new

Advice to fix this (and some possible ID?

I was walking on a flea market and spotted this:

proxy.php

proxy.php

It looks in overal good shape; but some tooth are bend:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Now the question is if is wise to use pliers to try to fix it and if you can give me any clue on what is the name of the razor.
Thanks

Any attempt to straighten the teeth will likely break them, it's generally not advised to try to straighten teeth.

As for an ID, I don't know nappears to be some type of Gillette clone travel razor.

Honestly I think I would use it as-is rather than attempt to straighten those teeth (a little polishing would be OK, however). The teeth don't look bent enough to affect its shaving ability or cut you while shaving.

The teeth tend to be a little brittle and will break easily when attempting to bend them back. Unless the bend is creating a divot in the blade edge, I'd leave it alone.

The razor pictured looks like a German travel razor made between the wars. It is a copy of Gillettte's Old Type head design, which was often copied after Gillette's original 1904 patent expired in 1921.

Some say they shave quite well.

Nice little travel razor, but i would not try to fix the teeth; they are not that bad and will not affect the shave, at all. Enjoy.

Top Bottom