What's new

Help, I am turning into a soap guy....

I don't want to like soaps, I really don't. Don't ask me why, it is somewhat irrational. I started out learning with Taylors creams, and they are still my favorites. I adore the scent, the viscosity of the lather, the ease of use. My shaves are very good indeed.

Enter QED soap. They have required a bit more practice to get quality lather, but that is OK. The scents are very nice. But, oh lordie the shaves! I can't believe how close I can get without irritation. I can't believe how slick the lubrication is. I keep feeling my face and wondering how it can get this good. Now what? Start collecting more soaps? Relegate creams to an occasional use? I don't know. Are other soaps this good?

-Scotto

Scotto,
QED soaps are among the best of them for sure.... If you are enjoying your QED soaps, give DR Harrish, T&H, and Tabac a try as well, you surely will not be dissapointed!! The QED Lavender is really sensational - however look out for a badgerandblade.com cologne/shave stick coming out in the near future!!

Scotto,

Classic soaps have great scent, and I get great shaves. But at the end of the game, QED soaps get the gold medal and the standing ovation. Just traded with Richard for a Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint stick. WOW! Used the stick this morning, but tonight I melt it down into a bowl. Great stuff!

Randy

Scotto,

Soaps have always been my first love. A number of soaps are really good. Joel mentioned most of them. Tried Tabac for the first time today, It may have given me the best shave I've had.

I would also suggest you try the Prorasso Soap if you haven't. Oh the QED Anise/Lavender is KILLER!

Paul.

I believe that Ron would be our soap expert. Word has it that he has a cottage in the woods full of such items. Maybe he will chime in and list a few dozen of his favorites! :cool:

Randy

Col. Conk has made a believer out of me, and I haven't even had a chance to try my Tabac or any QED yet.

I haven't cracked a cream jar in like ten days. I feel so ashamed. :blushing:

-Rich

PoshRichM said:
Col. Conk has made a believer out of me, and I haven't even had a chance to try my Tabac or any QED yet.

I haven't cracked a cream jar in like ten days. I feel so ashamed. :blushing:

-Rich

It is a very, very slippery slope my friend! I'd recommend picking up a badgerandbrush.com cologne/shave stick combo, and throw in a tub of QED lavender as well..... heard the song "Cheek to Cheek?" by Frank Sinatra? "Heaven..... I'm in heaven, and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak - and I seem to find the happiness I see, when we are out together dancing cheek to cheek." Well - he was actually talking about QED lavender and a high quality shaving brush on his face :a5:

I'm with Austin on this one.
I like to alternate between soap and cream, and many days I will use a bit of both. It's a lot of fun trying different combos of soaps and creams :smile:

Steve

joel said:
It is a very, very slippery slope my friend! I'd recommend picking up a badgerandbrush.com cologne/shave stick combo, and throw in a tub of QED lavender as well..... heard the song "Cheek to Cheek?" by Frank Sinatra? "Heaven..... I'm in heaven, and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak - and I seem to find the happiness I see, when we are out together dancing cheek to cheek." Well - he was actually talking about QED lavender and a high quality shaving brush on his face :a5:

Rich,

May I suggest the Anise/Lavender soap from QED :tongue_sm Great stuff!!!

Paul.

Scotto, I too have come to enjoy the hard stuff as of late. The shaves seem closer & I am having more fun with them. Don't overlook the Tabac as a nice alternative but Charles' new stick looks like a winner.

Max

Guys, I never was much of a soap guy in the past, but since I discovered L'Occitane, Rivivage, Gold-Dachs Spezial and Tabac once again, I'm changing! :cool:

Jeff

i'm liking will g. my favorite of what i've tried.

though whenever i say "will g!", i feel like i should be throwing gang signs. :wink:

Scotto,

I too have been feeling the same trend. I got a jar of Tabac Soap in the mail yesterday and tried it this morning. It's incredible. I got the EDT to go along with it and it's superb. I am amazed at the quality of the shave. The aroma of the soap is very very masculine, great scent. I have yet to try any QED sticks, but that's soon.

I think tomorrow I need to go back and open up the Mr. Taylor cream just to feel reassured that I'm not losing my mind. :smile:

Eh soap or cream both are good …if you want the more top shelf stuff Stirling or Noble otter I’d say ….want budget 1 on brick of cella has a pleasant almond and cherry scent (Er at least to my nose ymmv) …still have 3 creams sitting in the back ….once a puck is used up illl probably have to dip into it and use it up before it goes rancid

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I don't want to like soaps, I really don't. Don't ask me why, it is somewhat irrational. I started out learning with Taylors creams, and they are still my favorites. I adore the scent, the viscosity of the lather, the ease of use. My shaves are very good indeed.

Enter QED soap. They have required a bit more practice to get quality lather, but that is OK. The scents are very nice. But, oh lordie the shaves! I can't believe how close I can get without irritation. I can't believe how slick the lubrication is. I keep feeling my face and wondering how it can get this good. Now what? Start collecting more soaps? Relegate creams to an occasional use? I don't know. Are other soaps this good?

-Scotto
I expect you haven’t tried ARKO yet.

Eh soap or cream both are good …if you want the more top shelf stuff Stirling or Noble otter I’d say ….want budget 1 on brick of cella has a pleasant almond and cherry scent (Er at least to my nose ymmv) …still have 3 creams sitting in the back ….once a puck is used up illl probably have to dip into it and use it up before it goes rancid

This was an old thread

A lot of new soaps have came along since then (2005) and the market has really changed in the last 16yrs. I bet they are using soaps now.

1637714174420.jpeg

Top Bottom