What's new

Nite watch

Hi guys, I'm considering a NITE watch, specifically the GX10. These watches have a NATO serial number and are issued to various Special forces here in the UK. Are they worth £200, though? I love the look, but I'd like to know how well built they are. Anyone got/had one?

I never heard of them......So I looked at the website...look nice too.
I don't know about the "issue to UK military".
Ronda is a good solid quartz movt. Triple seal with pushdown crown is crap
for water proofing....Has to be screw down crown for true waterproofing
and a screw on back. Have you looked at CHRISTOPHER WARD of London?
I know they are very high quality for the money. Oh...316L stainless steel
is what 98% of all S.S. watches are....Never heard of it being Aviation Grade.
I hope this helps......:thumbup:

I've had my eye on something from Luminox. It's in the same vein as what you're looking at with the tritium markers. Another option for ya. I'd never heard of the Nite brand before either.

Luminox is awesome, I have one and wear one every day. Luminox is used by elite spec ops operators the world over, chiefly the SEALs and the SAS uses them too, I believe.

New(er) entry to the tritium watches is Deep Blue. Actual rated dive watches for considerably less than many of the others. I bought one of their new model T100s and love it. You can get quartz if you prefer, but most of their movements are automatic.

For references' sake, I also own a Marathon GSAR, Marathon hand wind field watch, a Ball Aviator and a Ball Chrono. The Blue is far brighter than any of them for far less money (except the hand wind Marathon)

$PA280051.jpg

$PA280056.jpg

I had never heard of Nite Watches before, only Luminox. I like the MX-10, it's a little more discreet than most of the Luminox models.

Last edited:
Luminox is awesome, I have one and wear one every day. Luminox is used by elite spec ops operators the world over, chiefly the SEALs and the SAS uses them too, I believe.

Actually no.
No more than F117 pilots wear the "Nighthawk" or Blue Angels pilots wear the Citizen watch of the same name.

These guys are generally buying their own gear, and military pay does not afford for a $300+ watch.
Plus, the tritium face would blow their covers just as sure as a ringing cell phone.

The watch of choice for US Spec-Ops is one of the Casio G-Shock line. Accurate, affordable, and they'll take a beating.

Look closely at "Act of Valor"
Yes, it's just a movie, but the actors are actual US SEALs. There are a few shots where you can see their wrists... G-Shocks, not a single Luminox in the movie.

"Special Forces" watches may have been made "for" SF and submitted for approval/purchase for issue, but it is nothing more than a marketing tool.

Good video viceguy.....Sam...Don't buy that watch..Why? Because that is a custom strap. If the company stops making that strap you are out.
And the strap is the first thing to wear out. A small company with low volume, no other company would gear up to make replacement straps.
Custom straps (only in leather)could be $$$$$.Based upon the strap alone, I will say "Don't buy it!"

Top Bottom