What's new

Atlas Razor

I know some people are expecting to get their Atlas Razor or Heads today! I am looking forward to pictures/reviews! :drool:

That Atlas 5 piece set looks ridiculously tempting. I've been trying forever to figure out what lifetime stainless steel razor I could replace my Feather with (too mild for me)... Hmm have to start saving.

Last edited:
I got mine last night! Atlas R1.

I have only been wet shaving for 6 months with an EJ 89 so that's all I'm comparing to.

I had a fantastic shave this morning, the razor is much louder (singing) than the EJ. It was definitely closer, probably the closest shave I've gotten. I was being cautious but still got BBS some spots with only 2 passes, trouble areas took 3 passes. The razor is short-handled but the weight is very nice and the knurling/patterning made for a very stable grip.

I am very happy with the purchase and look forward to trying out new blades and enjoying this SS razor forever!

I got mine last night! Atlas R1.

I have only been wet shaving for 6 months with an EJ 89 so that's all I'm comparing to.

I had a fantastic shave this morning, the razor is much louder (singing) than the EJ. It was definitely closer, probably the closest shave I've gotten. I was being cautious but still got BBS some spots with only 2 passes, trouble areas took 3 passes. The razor is short-handled but the weight is very nice and the knurling/patterning made for a very stable grip.

I am very happy with the purchase and look forward to trying out new blades and enjoying this SS razor forever!

Very cool:thumbup: Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more reports! We need to get some more pictures in this thread! I know there are pictures on the Above the Tie site but I don't think there can ever be enough Atlas/Titan pictures!

Bring em on Gents

I received my ATT Atlas R1 yesterday and I thought I would give some first impressions and a quick review of my first shave.

I placed my order very late Sunday night and the razor arrived early Thursday afternoon. So order processing and handling is outstanding!

When I opened the box I found a slightly crushed black box that has the Above the Tie logo on it. And here is my first and really only complaint. For $185 I believe the packaging should be much better. My Tradere came in a nice hard cardboard box and the Feather comes in a fantastic wood box. So for this price point a flimsy cardboard box is disappointing to me. My razor also came with a pack of 5 Astra SP blades.

When I took the razor out of the box this is when the excitement kicked in! The razor is beautiful! The fit and finish is perfect and build quality is first rate. This is without a doubt the nicest looking razor I have ever owned. The weight distribution and balance is just what I’ve been looking for! I love the length of this handle! Now if it shaves as good as it looks…

The first shave: (2 Days Growth)

Prep – Hot shower prior to shaving
Soap – Tabac
Brush – Art of Shaving Pure Badger
Blade – Gillette 7 o-Clock Black

After my shower I applied a hot compress to my face and applied a nice thick creamy layer of shaving cream by my usual face lathering method. My first pass was a WTG. The blade angle was easy to establish because this razor has great audible feedback. It sounded like I could hear each hair being cut. The first pass was very smooth with no weepers or skin irritation. I re-lathered and went for a XTG on my neck and an ATG on my face. Again very smooth, the razor just seems to balance perfectly in my hand and glide across my face. At this point I nearly had a BBS shave. I had a little touch up on my neck and I was done! I gave myself one weeper near the corner of my mouth, but that was it. When I applied my alum and aftershave there was almost no burn which tells me the shave was not harsh at all.

If this razor shaves this good every time I have finally found my keeper. I have tried and sold a Tradere SB, Ikon PB2, BRW Modified Progress XL and a Feather. I hope my search is over…

I had my second shave today after another two day growth. This time I used an Astra SP blade. The shave was better than the first, truly exceptional for me. A two pass BBS. After the face shave I shaved my head and was again amazed at the ease with which this razor just glides across the skin and the smooth hair removal with no irritation. I was able to get a nice clean head shave with only one pass and touch up. I had no weepers on my face or head this shave. I see no reason to continue reviewing my shaves with this razor. I have finally found what I have been looking for. I hope everyone who picked up one of these fine razors enjoys it as much as I do!

I had the H for about a month and used it everyday and loved it so much I bought the entire system and really love the flexibly in gives me. Great product and all American as well!

I'm really liking the Atlas handle. For those that have tried all three plates, which do you prefer as a daily shaver? I don't think I would buy the system. The H seems like it may be too aggressive so I guess for me it's between the M and R plates. If you can compare to your other razors that would be appreciated.

Top Bottom