What's new

Can someone ship some AE shoes to Canada for me?

Hello, I am looking at picking up a pair of AE shoes from the Shoe Bank. The last time I ordered a couple shoes from there I got charged nearly $100 in taxes. If someone from the US can have me ship the shoes to them then that would be great. Of course I will pay for shipping and stuff.

I'd really appreciate if someone can help me out!

Hello, I am looking at picking up a pair of AE shoes from the Shoe Bank. The last time I ordered a couple shoes from there I got charged nearly $100 in taxes. If someone from the US can have me ship the shoes to them then that would be great. Of course I will pay for shipping and stuff.

I'd really appreciate if someone can help me out!

Was it taxes, duty, or brokerage fees?

Duty - Allen Edmonds are Made in the USA, and are therefore exempt from duties under NAFTA?

Taxes - Living in Ontario you will have to pay HST, but that is it.

Customs Brokerage fees, are another story. USPS is the only way to go, its $5 flat if they charge you at all. FedEx and USPS are both a major rip off.

Not sure what they charged you for $100, but if they used UPS, or FedEx it was the brokerage fees, and the only way to avoid it is use USPS.

I once had a relative send a robot toy to me by UPS - and they charged me more for brokerage fees, that the toy was worth - and when I called they basically said they can charge what ever they want.

Scott

Spooky - Yep it was taxes. They used USPS, it was really unexpected I've never been charged anything when buying goods from the internet in the past. Couple pairs of shoes and yeah taxes came to $90 something. So that's what I'm trying to avoid this time.

Retro and Nosduj - Thanks guys for the offers! I have contacted Retro because he came first. Really appreciate this!!!

Spooky - Yep it was taxes. They used USPS, it was really unexpected I've never been charged anything when buying goods from the internet in the past. Couple pairs of shoes and yeah taxes came to $90 something. So that's what I'm trying to avoid this time.

Ah... missed the "couple" thought you were getting hit with that much for a single pair.

Top Bottom