What's new

Put red laces on my AEs.what do you think?

So long as the shoes fit the situation, you're good to go.

I wouldn't wear them in very conservative environments where it would look borderline disrespectful but I'd 'rock them' as one poster said on my 'casual Friday' if I didn't have any external or higher level meetings. I don't think red laces are wrong, but I think there's times when wearing them might be not-so-good.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Is strictly a fashion statement or an overt finger raised towards "the man".

Depends some on your personality. As long as the look is authentic for you and you're ok that others may not dig them, go for it.

If you don't like my laces, you're probably not going to dig me either.

Your shoes and your image. I don't know enough about your world or how and when you wear them to comment. But at my age in my world, I wouldn't do it.

I typically like lthis style on hiking boots, but this is interesting. I would say yes, but maybe only with casual biz dress.

Definitely on trend.... I've seen this look at Nordstrom and other high end retailers... liked it enough to but light blue laces in my nubuck and leather Johnston & Murphy saddles. Style trends don't pay attention to age or class, if it feels good do it.

One of the shoes is laced backwards. Choose which one and change it (R and L lacings should be mirror images).

Never even thought of it, but mine are indeed laced correctly.
On mine, the "outside" lace is the one on top, like the OP's right shoe (the one on the left in the pic).

Huh, never even knew there was a mirrored look to shoe laces...learn something new everyday! I did take the red laces off, but left the dark olive laces on my merlot Hancocks and I really do like that look.

Never even thought of it, but mine are indeed laced correctly.
On mine, the "outside" lace is the one on top, like the OP's right shoe (the one on the left in the pic).

Now this is funny.

I checked my work boots last night, and they too are mirrored, but the opposite direction.

It may be the lighting, but these laces look just a touch too mauve or pinkish IMO. Crimson or burgundy would be better shades to use...says the person with little fashion sense.

Top Bottom