What's new

I want the coldest cream or soap (cream preferred but soap OK) possible. Suggestions?

Title says it all. I like Bigelow/Proraso (combined with the proraso pre/post) but I want to go COLDER.

What's the coldest cream (or soap, if you know of a soap colder than a cream) you know of?

​Please, FREEZE my face off! I LIKE IT.

Dissolve some menthol crystals in alcohol, then mix it into some glycerin. The menthol crystals won't dissolve in only glycerin. Add the mentholated glycerin to any soap/cream you're whipping up. Supercold Superlather.

Other cold creams: Williams Menthol tube (France) Palmolive Mentolo (Italy) and LEA Menthol (Spain?).

Get some Osage Rub as AS, that stuff is insane cold. Add some menthol crystals to any aftershave containing alcohol, mix well, enjoy the freeze!

Last edited:
The coldest thing I have tried is Michael Klim's Milk. Baltic. However, it's brushless.
i did ad menthol crystals to some eShave unscented and that is pretty chilly. I did manage to dissolve them in Glycerin and just stir them in.
apparently you can get hold of some sort of menthol bomb you can add to a cream but I can't remember who makes it. I'm sure someone will help out.

Check out Queen Charlotte's Vostok.

This is the fourth time I've heard about Vostok, I had just forgotten about it when I posted this. I sprang for some, and some osage rub.

Also looking into menthol crystals to superchill my other lathers and aftershaves.

I enjoy a thoroughly cold face.:velva2:

If you are looking for a premade blast of cold, I would recommend the Queen Charlotte Soaps Vostok Cream.

I've been thinking about trying the menth it yourself route and have a few questions. Is there any down side to adding a large amount of the mentholated glycerin to a tub full of cream rather than adding a small amount each time lathering? I've been enjoying the Spencer and Devon spice cream but I've been craving a menthol fix. I am considering getting a tub of the unscented S&D and menthing it up. Would adding the mentholated glycerin exacerbate the separation problems some have reported with their tubs of S&D? Does the menthol add any scent? Could peppermint oil be added and would that cause the separation problems?

I've been thinking about trying the menth it yourself route and have a few questions. Is there any down side to adding a large amount of the mentholated glycerin to a tub full of cream rather than adding a small amount each time lathering? I've been enjoying the Spencer and Devon spice cream but I've been craving a menthol fix. I am considering getting a tub of the unscented S&D and menthing it up. Would adding the mentholated glycerin exacerbate the separation problems some have reported with their tubs of S&D? Does the menthol add any scent? Could peppermint oil be added and would that cause the separation problems?

I am also curious about the "menthing it yourself" route and specific instructions. I'd also like to just mix the menth into a tub instead of having to do it each lather. I just bought 2oz of crystals but don't want to waste them (or the stuff i'm putting it in) as I'm not exactly made of money. The Osage and Vostok and Crystals were all the pampering i can do for a little while.

Vostok is so cold! I used it a few times this summer, but I think it might be a bit too intense for me. :velva2:

Vostok is on the way and I'll post a thread with my impressions when it arrives.

I'll follow its use up with osage rub and preshave will be the always lovely proraso pre/post.

Of the menthol creams I tried my ranking is:

1. QCS Vostok (head and shoulders colder than the competition).
2. Palmolive menthol
3. Ingram menthol
4. Lea menthol

After the top 4 the menthol cool falls off rapidly.

5. Gillette cool
6. Derby menthol
7. Arko cool

Not tried: Dr. Selby, Godrej menthol, or adding Osage rub (though Osage Rub is on my Christmas list!).

Godrej Menthol is coldest cream I've tried
TSD Iced Sub Zero is the coldest soap I've tried
Osage Rub is the coldest thing I have ever put on my face.
Barbasol Pacific Rush AS is cold too, but not as cold as Osage Rub

My vote goes to vostok. Over there at queen charlotte they have defiantly managaged to get it right. Vostok bring tears to my eyes while shaving and leaves it crisp and refreshing as could be. I love all his soaps and highly suggest a sample pack to pick out your favorite. It is hard to pick out just one or two or three.I love all of them

Top Bottom