What's new

Pics of My New Custom Bill Bowl From Dirty Bird Pottery

Just received my new custom Bill Bowl from Dirty Bird Pottery today.

Based on the suggestions of another B&B member, I asked Julie to make some modifications for me. I requested a maximum depth of 2" instead of the standard 2 1/2", and straight sides instead of the usual design with more flared sides. This was to prevent the handle of my brush from clanking against the sides when making lather. It ended up being a little under 2" in depth and slightly smaller than the standard interior diameter of 4 1/2". It's the perfect size for me. I also asked for a solid blue glaze instead of having a different color on the rim. Here are the results:

$bill_bowl1.jpg
$bill_bowl2.jpg
$bill_bowl3.jpg
$bill_bowl5.jpg
$bill_bowl4.jpg

Julie completely exceeded my expectations. I'm really delighted with her work.

Nick

Great looking bowl. And I agree with your modifications -- for the same reason, clanging handles against the sides!

Looks amazing! I too have ordered a custom sized (2" deep by 3.5" wide) shaving mug from her. If your bowl is anything to go by then I am sure I will be impressed :)

Nick, I'm glad it worked out for you. I think I remember the thread from when you got your last Bill Bowl. There was a lot of "I got this great bowl but it would be perfect if..."

It sounds like Julie certainly is a great asset to our community. I have tried to work with some local potters to get what I want but they don't seem interested in custom work. If Julie will do it, that's great!

Wow. I like that. Just small enough to get down to business. No excess or silly useless frills. Yet very attractive and stylish.

Top Bottom