What's new

1904 Patent Day - 15 November

Gents - and ladies - 1904 Patent Day is coming up again this Saturday. I will probably shave with a 1920 single ring again.

What are your plans to celebrate 110 years of double-edge shaving?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I will just have to use my Gillette NEW a few days this week.

$Gillette-Arko.jpg

Last edited:
I had forgotten Patent Day was coming up again. I'll shave with my 1905 Double Ring on Saturday to celebrate. I think I will go spruce it up with a little polish for the big day!

I'd kill for a double ring! Well, maybe just go "BOO!", don't want to actually kill someone. :blush:

I always shave with OLD types, they made the best razors first!

I'd kill for a double ring! Well, maybe just go "BOO!", don't want to actually kill someone. :blush:

I always shave with OLD types, they made the best razors first!

+1.

I didn't have to kill for my double ring but it almost killed the vendor to part with it. Thanks Mark.

Great thread Mike. I guess my appropriate razor for 1904 Patent Day will be my 1904 Double Ring. Here it is with the relevant accoutrements for the day:

$SOTD1.jpg

Cheers, George

Let's raise awareness for this important date. If the shaving world were to have a holiday, I can't think of a better day. Will be calling my US Army Old type for duty on the 15th! :tank::tank::tank:

Great idea Mike, thanks! I will shave with an Old Type Ball End. She's been left alone for a while, it's great to have a reminder to pick her up again!:001_smile

I have a single ring in the post from France, but it's not going to reach me before 15th, so I'll shave with the razor most similar to it -

$20140912_231139.jpg

It's Hermes clone of the SR.

Hi,

I have Grandpa's Ball End OT he bought in 1921 after getting out of the service. He was a medic and had landed a hospital job so treated himself to a shiny new silverplated razor. It has the Nov 15 04 patent date on the handle, so I will use that. :)

Stan

Edit: I see where I did this last year as well. Pairing it with a Tech instead of a Fasan. Well, last year the Fasan was new to me. These days I use the Fasan followed by the Old Type.

Last edited:
I'm going with this Brownie from the '20s ... you can just make out NOV 15'04 at the end of the handle:

proxy.php

I couldn't wait...I shaved tonight in honor of King Gillette! Had a nice smooth shave. Wife asked why the shave and I explained. She chuckled.LOL

Top Bottom