What's new

Face lathering with a tweezerman

Since the Tweezerman badger brush from Amazon is the only brush I've used, take this for what it's worth, but I feel like this brush is perfect for face lathering. I started traditional shaving a few months back and for a while, I only bowl lathered. In my head I thought face lathering was a waste of soap because I thought there is no way I can get three or four passes with the same amount of soap I use bowl lathering. One day I decided to try going straight from puck to face and was pleasantly surprised at how far it went. My bowl lathers were inconsistent with the Tweezeeman but since I switched to face lathering, I can't see another brush doing that much of a better job. It's small so I feel like have more control over it to get the lather into all the little nooks and crannies. Although its small, it has good backbone so it creates a real nice lather with only a few swirls over the puck, and gives me enough for three and sometimes four passes with touch ups. Not to mention the fact that it only cost about ten bucks. I've read others have had hairs fall out of theirs. I see a hair or so every few shaves but after four months of almost daily use I can't notice a difference. If anything it's getting better as it breaks in.

I plan on ordering "The Works" straight razor package from Whipped Dog with a silver tip brush. While I am excited to get a new brush to try, I'm not getting my hopes up that it will perform much better than the trusty Tweezerman.

There is a difference. The most noticeable will be that a better brush will not be so scratchy. All that really matters is that you like what you're using and it sounds like you do so--shave on my friend!

Glad you're enjoying your Tweezerman. I have one too, and it's my only badger brush (at the moment).

Tweezerman is an excellent bowl latherer, but is too scratchy for face lathering to me. I'd rather have my omega 49 for face lathering any day! Soft tips with a good backbone.

I picked up a Tweezerman brush a few months back after a month or so of a cheapo brush I bought at CVS (I don't recall the brand). Love it as a bowl latherer, haven't done much in face lathering, I'll have to give it a shot!

The tweezerman does perform just fine to me but man it is scratchy!

Same for me. The Tweezerman was my second gbrush and first badger. It does a good job for the price. It is scratchy or "scritchy" as we say here because it is trimmed and shaped and the hair tips are not natural. I still use mine, mostly for creams. It is a good entry brush but you will find a growing appreciation for a best or silvertip badger and one of the better Omega or Semogue boars.

My first brush was an omega brown junior, that I have since sold. I used to not understand how people could face lather because I thought it was so unpleasant. Now I have some silvertips, and two bands, and even a best, and I think I prefer face lathering now.

Top Bottom