What's new

Hard Water Shaving Soap

I could not understand why so many people hated Williams Mug Shaving Soap. I know now, I headed out on a week business trip with my trusty williams converted to a shave stick. Some of the hardest water I have shaved with. The lather disapeared in seconds. I just used more and shaved with the slime for 3 days till I got close to a bath and body works to grab a tube of C. O. Bigelow. It was ok, not wonderful, with the hard water.

I want to keep a stick of shaving soap when I travel. What soaps work well with hard water for you guys?

i have not used them with hard water, but i think the classics like Arko, La Toja, and Palmolive. Good luck with the next trip.

I suspect Arko or GZD would lather with hard water as they are easy lathering anyway. Tabac would also be a decent choice. All come in stick form and Arko/GZD will easily conform to whatever stick container you press it into (they come as a stick but without a container they are too soft to use in that form). Tabac comes in a stick container as well as the more famous puck.

Top Bottom