What's new

Acquisitions December 10 to December 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 14115

On Saturday this lovely PJ2 in Super arrived from Joel as well as the innocent looking cake of soap, a handmade creation of Joel's and the Bad Mother....Shut your Mouth of the soap world! Most amazing shaving soap, I've ever seen! :badger: :badger: :badger:

View attachment 14115

On Saturday this lovely PJ2 in Super arrived from Joel as well as the innocent looking cake of soap, a handmade creation of Joel's and the Bad Mother....Shut your Mouth of the soap world! Most amazing shaving soap, I've ever seen! :badger: :badger: :badger:

Glad you like it Tim! Just wait though.... once you break it in, you'll be REALLY impressed!!

Received my Futur today, haven't had the guts or the beard to use it yet. Shaved before the Mailman got here. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Sean

A really underwhelming Ebony SR3318. This thing is REALLY small, and most surprising, is not very densely packed. For $75, so far, I am terribly unimpressed.

full

Not very dense....
full

Cheap/corny looking text, which is coming off already (see the D)
full

This is a REALLY small brush... from left to right - the (radically superior) Savile Row 3824, Ebony SR3318, Simpson Major, Simpson Wee Scott....
full

US Quarter shown next to brushes to show their size.....
full

SR3318 on the left, SIGNIFICANTLY denser Simpson Major on the right.
full

I'm hoping that with use, this brush will show it's true colors, but after its initial use, it seems to be the Majors weak little brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Jim @ VintageBlades (one of the best):

DR Harris Lavender cream tub
DR Harris Arlington cream tub
Castle Forbes Lavender cream tub
Sample of DR Harris Arlington A/S splash
Sample of DR Harris Marlborough A/S splash
Sample of DR Harris Marlborough cream
proxy.php

From Charles at QED. Also one of the best. Prepare to be :eek: at this brush:
Savile Row 3330 ebony
Proraso A/S splash
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shave soap puck
Sample of Floris Santal cream
proxy.php

Next to a SR 3124 for size comparison:
proxy.php

Pseudo-macro of the hair tips (linked for size):
http://www.baloosh.hytekhosting.us/images/Scores/SR3330-tips.jpg

:w00t:

These came in mail today....

Matched pair of A. Arnold Sheffield razors. 5/8, notch tip, quarter ground, ivory celluloid scales. Really heavy and thick at the spine. I hope they clean up nicely.

full

full

full

The inside of the case reads...

Arnold's Lancet Razors
Surgically Ground
61 Picadilly London

I guessing they were produced in 1890 - 1910.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Found today at a local antique shop...soon to be off to a honemeister for a restore.... George Wostenholm & Sons celebrated I*XL Razor Washington Works. Not marked Sheffield or England...I'm assuming a early razor... mid 1800's?

I got an email from a friend the other day who said he knew some folks moving into a house where a 93 year old aunt had lived, and they said they had to move a lot of junk out. He asked them to keep an eye out for any old razors for me. They found some, and gave them to him. Here they are!

full

I won't get to meet them until Dec. 23 at the earliest, though. :frown:

I got one of the 3318 brushes as well but accidentally posted it in last week's thread. I thought it looked and felt great, but it's only my second brush and I don't have anything other than my current Vulfix to compare to.

After seeing the format of this forum, I realize I should have posted this in a reply to the corresponding "score" thread. If it's possible for it to be moved, I have no qualms.

My Duke 2, a replacement for my D1 arrived today from Lee. Once again, I'm impressed by Lee's service.

On Saturday a PJ2 Super arrived from Joel. This is the old style Simpson from a few years supposedly with a lot fewer problems than the model of today. It's a very impressive brush.

Here's some pictures:

Duke 2
View attachment 14138

Duke 2 and PJ2
View attachment 14139

Duke 2 and PJ2, Top View for Density Comparison. (The Duke hasn't bloomed yet so is extremely dense at the moment)
View attachment 14140

Chloe's Inspection of the Duke. It passed so I got to use it tonight.
View attachment 14141

Found today at a local antique shop...soon to be off to a honemeister for a restore.... George Wostenholm & Sons celebrated I*XL Razor Washington Works. Not marked Sheffield or England...I'm assuming a early razor... mid 1800's?

I'd send that bad boy off to Joe Chandler - he's reground and rescaled several vintage Sheffield wedges for me and I've been very pleased with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom